How to deal with unsubscribe

Hi,

When I send an email I would like to know when someone has unsubscribed so that I can update my source subscriber list and not send email to them again.  How do we do this in this system?  Is it also possible for the user to resubscribe? How?

I just have no clue how this is done here.  Another system I used before forwards unsubscribe requests to a given page/url (we provided)

Thanks in advance

Hassan

Comments

• We do have a system feature that can send an email to a designated address when a recipient chooses to unsubscribe.  That email has a well-known format, so you could probably write a script to parse it and make the appropriate changes in your database.  If you want to try that out, we can make the appropriate configuration changes to enable it on your test account.

As for re-subscribing, that is not supported.  Once the user opts out, an address block is inserted that can not be removed by the recipient themselves.  If they wanted to resubscribe, they would need to reach out to us and ask for the block to be removed manually.

• Hassan

Please note, that the address block is handled on our side, being added to our blocked address list. If you send another email to the blocked address, your JobDeliveryStatusRequest(JDSR) will return an error of "Blocked" and you could remove from your list at that time. Having the email setup to notify you could end up with a large number of emails being sent to process in a sepreate application, not needed.

You may want to discuss having your customers that want to be unblocked with your PreSales Engineer for options, if you expect a lot of your customers doing this. It may be best that they go back to you, and you make the request to us.

Tom