Fax job submit response XDN and MRN stand for?

Hi ,

what is the XDN and MRN stand for in jobsubmit response for fax?

Comments

• The XDN is the Domain Name. The MRN is the job number. You should store both as they are used for retriving status.

• Thank you for reply.

I have done a sample POC and tested fax for our application ( we are going to build in coming future) and rightnow we are in DB design. Need some help on below questions.

1. As part of JobSubmit response we are getting XDN, MRN, Status Message ,Processing ID etc. As per my knowledge XDN and MRN are the mandatory fields which will be used while calling JobDeliveryStatus service.

Is Processing ID will be used in any other case?

Can you please provide the applicable Status message ( i saw always 'OK' in the response ) in openText ? Just want to know what's the status in case of failure etc? So please provide applicable messages.

2. While calling JobSubmit service i am preparing request with out requesteID <RequestID> and SubmitID ( since its optional), is it fine to design Jobsubmit service request in such a way without requestId or submitID?

3. In jobDeliveryStatus response we are getting response status as

<DeliveryGroup type="Normal">

<State code="7">Sent</State>

We are planning to use this status code in our DB to figure out fax delivery status , is it fine or can you suggest any other response data is required?

Also can i know the applicable State codes like Sent, failure, hold etc ?

Please let us know your updates. Thank you.

• You are correct on the XDN and MRN. Save the ProcessingID in the JobSubmit Result. We may ask for that in case of an error. Any thing else would depend on your needs.

In the top right corner of this page is the link to the API Manuals. Click API 2.6 Manual. You can then go to the Result for JobSumit and JobDeliveryStatus. Those will show the information you are looking for.

• Thank you i will go through the manual and if any questions i will post it.