The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

Using Hyperlinks to other pages within custom visualization object

I want to be able to go between pages (in the same report), by using the hyperlink capabilities. For example to hyperlink to another page from a text i would normally use this.

However, if i was in a custom visualization i don't have that option. Is there any way i can add some JavaScript code to a button or drop-down box that links to other pages from inside the visualization.

Comments

• I haven't tried to do the exact functionality you are describing, but there is a JavaScript API that allows you to display reports, filter tables and charts, reference bookmarks, etc. The JavaScript can be placed in a standard HTML page, or it can be run from within a report. If you have access to the OpenText product documentation, you can find reference material on the API's in the downloads. Here is an older reference that I found on the web. It is very similar to the current API.

otadocs.opentext.com/documentation/ihub31-dev/APIReference/index.html#page/APIReference%2FJSAPI-overview.html

Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the API and as far as i understand, it means i need to create another report by using the JS API.
    The functions gotoBookmark() and gotoPage() look exactly like what i need, however, i need to basically access/wrap it around my existing report so then i can change the pages. Because right now the bookmarks are coming up null and its saying there are no pages in the report.
    I cant seem to figure out how to do this.

• edited January 27

I have attached an example showing how to jump to a bookmark that is on a different page than the current page. The code to do the jump is in a custom visualization. The example was created in 16.4. I hope it helps.

Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • Sorry for the delay but that looks like what i need. I will test in the coming few days. Thank you.