Home General

Cats/Atts value updates (batch process or find/replace) options

We have discovered that some of the source metadata that was imported to Content Server was incorrect. We need to update that data on specific documents. My questions:
  1. Does the Content Server API support an "Update" function?
  2. Does Content Server have a "batch process" / "Find & Replace" function for metadata?
  3. Is there a common solution to fixing this problem? 
Not being a developer, my thought was since we know the "right answer" to correct the metadata, can we create a source record and import that data to update/replace the incorrect data? 

Thank you

Comments

• I had a similar scenario and the answer I got was to use a WebReport.
  • The CS REST API supports Categories/Attributes updates.  You will need HTML and JavaScript to do this.

The other option is WebReport as Francois mentioned.  If you do not know WebReport coding, there is a steep learning curve.  You may also need HTML and JavaScript skills depending on how fancy you want to do the job.
  • Syntergy an OpenText Partner offer solutions to address this:

Syntergy Data Manager - http://syntergy.com/products/content_management/datamanager/index.html

We can lease you the software for the duration of the project.

Regards,

Vijay
  • I appreciate the responses.

Is there a specific Webreport to use?
    Or is the "answer" create a solution using a Webreport? A steep learning curve does not surprise me. ;) 
  • You have to code a WebReport.
  • RayTsui said:
    You have to code a WebReport.

Thanks Ray!

I figured that was the case...why would it be easy?  :)

Alternatively, I have a lead on a program partner that fills the Content Server void. Thanks Vijay! 
  • How did you do your original import?  If it was with Object importer, and you still have the control files, then another option would be to update the attributes using the control files (after modifying the control files to contain the correct values).  Just throwing it out there as OI can be used to update as well as import.
    Cheers...
  • How did you do your original import?  If it was with Object importer, and you still have the control files, then another option would be to update the attributes using the control files (after modifying the control files to contain the correct values).  Just throwing it out there as OI can be used to update as well as import.
    Cheers...
    I appreciate that John. Object importer was not used. It would be nice is CS had an off-the-shelf method to correcting stuff like this...I'm confident we are not the first folks to have this happen.