Home General

How do I use the APIs in the API Guide?

I want to use the APIs in the API Guide。

Do I have to Installing the AppWorks Gateway?

Comments

• PramodMohandasPramodMohandas OpenText Developer

You most likely will need to install the respective product, like Content Server, to work with its APIs.

Is there any specific set of APIs that you are looking to work with?

• Ethan BeisherEthan Beisher AppWorks Solution Expert EM

Note you have published in the general forum. Please navigate to the specific product you want to know about and re-post the question there. Also, please post the version of the product and the client you wish to use to call the API (Java, REST, etc.)

• edited December 9, 2020

@PramodMohandas

I want use OpenText xECM to download picture and file. In the url https://developer.opentext.com/apis have many API, which API’s module I need?

Like Content Metadata?

Which OpenText product currently holds the information?

Do you have OpenText Content Server at your side?

Are you trying to connect to this product and download the subject picture and file from?

• I'm doing a survey before purchase, and there is no corresponding product

So I want to know ,if have the OpenText product how can use the API to download picture and file from OpenText xECM

In that case, I'm not certain as to how much can the forums community help you with answers. The best way to understand and analyze the multitude of products under OpenText would be to get in touch with an sales rep from OpenText and pass your queries to them. There are so many products that can store and retrieve documents for you depending on your business requirements.

That being said, with the limited information that I'm given, to download a document from Content Server you must use the Get Content REST API endpoint. You also have the possibility of using SOAP web services to download a document from Content Server.

• Dear PramodMohandas

thank you for your help

I can not find the Get Content REST API in the https://developer.opentext.com/apis

Is the API’s name changed?

• edited December 10, 2020

Dear PramodMohandas

thank you for your help

now ,I have the parameter is an URL of the file path ,but the API’ parameter is a node ID

how can I to change the URL to be the node ID.

If the node ID is a folder name ,the something I download is only a folder ,or the folder and the everything in the folder.

by the way ,

If I want to the folder to be a zip file ,in the API could I do it?

In Content Server, every object is assigned an integer value called NodeID or DataID. If you uploaded a ZIP file, you will have a NodeID assigned to it, create a folder, or even when you upload a new document.

You would then pass this integer value into the API and download the document, or ZIP files. Folders cannot be downloaded; one would instead iterate through its child items and then individually download them.

Like I had mentioned earlier, each product will have its own unique way of storing documents. Therefore, you cannot expect a single approach to work for all the OpenText products.

• edited December 11, 2020

Dear PramodMohandas

thank you for your help

can I use the API get the node ID ? Which API can do it ?

about the download ,

for example ,

there is a folder A ,in the A have folder B and C ,in the C have file 1 and 2

when I download folder A,

1.only folder A without nothing

2.download A ,C , 1 , 2

3.download A , B , C , 1,2

4.download 1,2

5.download zip of A

which one will happen?

can I use the API get the node ID ? Which API can do it ?

You can retrieve this information -

1. If you have the name of the item, then pass it into an API that can iterate and give you the NodeID based off of the name.
    2. Directly from the database using SQL queries.

when I download folder A

As I had mentioned earlier, you cannot download a folder; only individual files within that folder can be downloaded by retrieving its NodeID using either of the methods mentioned above.

• edited December 14, 2020

Dear PramodMohandas

Thank you very much for your consistent help

If you have the name of the item, then pass it into an API that can iterate and give you the NodeID based off of the name.

which API I can get NodeID?

If I want to download some file in the different folder ,how can I do it

which API I can get NodeID?

You pass a nickname, which is a prefixed name that you give to objects inside of Content Server - Content Server 20.4 REST API

To iterate for sub-items - Content Server 20.4 REST API

If I want to download some file in the different folder ,how can I do it

As I have already explained this, it would be using a NodeId. How you search for this NodeId is explained in my previous post response.

At this point, I would request you to understand the APIs that are provided to you by OpenText and start working with it.

I believe I have answered all your queries that you have at this point.

sorry ,my English is bad

My question is not good 。

I want to download some different file (like 2,3 file )Can I do it?

because your answer :

As I had mentioned earlier, you cannot download a folder; only individual files within that folder can be downloaded by retrieving its NodeID using either of the methods mentioned above.

You can download them separately; not as a group.

Dear PramodMohandas

there is an API Documentum 20.4

https://developer.opentext.com/apis/da8cf237-32d5-4347-9165-53e3de28f268/Documentum%2020.4

Can I use it download file ,or download file as a group

Sorry, but I'm not proficient with the Documentum product.

You may want to try the Documentum specific forum to get your questions answered.

Documentum Forum

• Dear PramodMohandas

I don’t really understand the relationship between API and product 。

Is the Content Server 20.4 REST API is the API of XECM product?

Is the Documentum 20.4 API is the API of Documentum product?

Is the Content Server 20.4 REST API is the API of XECM product?

Yes; they are a combination of sorts.

Is the Documentum 20.4 API is the API of Documentum product?

Yes.

At this point, I would suggest you to explore the product details by going through the Knowledge Center artifacts like documentations and webinars to understand what these two products are capable of in detail.

• Dear PramodMohandas

Where can I know which API corresponds to that product?

Knowledge Center artifacts like product documentation and webinars should help you answer those questions.

You would need to first learn what these products are capable of, and then delve into its technicalities. It would be a lost cause to go in the reverse manner, which is to educate somebody the technical side of things without knowing the product capabilities.

• Dear PramodMohandas

The API Get a node by nickname (Content Server 20.4 REST API) has many responses ,which one is node ID

and the parameter only has the nickname ,if two files has same name ,how can I do it?

about the Authentication , how can I get OAuth2?