Home General

Content Server silent install fail to create IIS components

Hi,

We are trying to perform "silent install" of content server on one of our windows server by given OT command (below) in the installation document (link below). Somehow it is failing to create IIS components (OTCS, IMG dir and webservice application). It works fine if install it manually (GUI). Any suggestion ?

Used command

msiexec /qn /l*v c:\install\install.log /i C:\16.2.2_CS64_WIN.msi INSTALLDIR=C:\OpenText\otcs LES_SERVICENAME=otcs HTTP_WEB_SERVER_TYPE=IIS HTTP_WEB_SERVER_WS_TYPE=IIS START_CS=No START_CSADMIN=No START_CSCLUSTERAGENT=No LES_SERVICEPORT=2099 LES_ADMINPORT=5858 CS_CLUSTERAGENTPORT=3999 LES_SUPPORTMAPPINGPREFIX=/img/ WS_APP_NAME=cws WEBSITE_NAME=otcs WS_WEBSITE_NAME=otcs

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/piroot/llescor/v160205/llescor-igd/en/html/jsframe.htm?install-silent-win

Comments

• PramodMohandasPramodMohandas OpenText Developer

I have seen System Center failing to do Content Server installs when your environment doesn't meet the pre-condition checks.

You need to ensure that all the IIS related pre-requisites are met before proceeding with the installation. By that, I mean Windows Server components like the .NET Framework Core, Dynamic Compression, .NET HTTP Activation, .NET Non-Http Activation et al. Not sure if such a list exists in any recent documentation, but there used to be an entire section that was dedicated to choosing individual components that needs enabling from the Server Manager starting with 2012/2016.

I reckon you should also be able to see what's erroring out in the log files that is generated in some location like the TEMP directory?