Home General

Welcome, Community Member!

edited April 28, 2017 in General

In the spirit of sharing, learning, and collaborating with your fellow community members, welcome!

You are arriving in the OpenText (OT) Community at an excellent time. Today, we are launching the first of many forums that will ultimately integrate with all your interactions on the OpenText website to enhance your overall customer community experience. In essence, our goal will be to enable the community to remain by your side while you are logged on to OpenText.

We are standing on the threshold of several exciting enhancements to your online experience that will unfold over the next several months. During this time, we look forward to hearing from you. Your feedback, questions, and ideas, as always are important to us. Be a part of this new and evolving environment, participate, learning, share, and let your community voice be heard.

-- Dave Sciuto
-- Community Manager, Customer Experience
-- April 28, 2017

David Sciuto

Comments

• Karen WeirKaren Weir Moderator EM admin

Well said Dave! We look forward to building this community for our visitors, partners, and customers to collectively help each other make the most out of their OpenText investment.

We invite your questions, ideas, and feedback!

Karen
    Manager, Online Support
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• So where do we post about login issues ? I am over from DevNet on the HP site and reset my password but find I have no permissions to view the DevNet content/

Thanks. Andy

Thanks for reporting this Andy. We have fixed the DevNet access; please let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• Great, I have access now.

There had been a Wiki with some very useful information, what happened to that content ?

• David ColvinDavid Colvin EM admin
    edited May 5, 2017

Hi Andy,

Are you referring to the "HP Software Wiki" that used to be on DevNet? If so, we opted not to keep that board as there were only 9 posts, all but one of which were more than 2 years old. On review they found that most of the content there was out of date or no longer relevant.

Is there anything in particular from that Wiki that you are looking for?

Kind regards,
    David Colvin
    OpenText

David Colvin
    Systems Manager | Digital Customer Experience

• Yea that was the set of documents. Certainly were out of date and likely should be updated, but there are a lot of sites still using 7.X. I had referred someone to the doc I wrote on the silent installer (which was accurate for 7.3.2 and 7.4.1).

I planned to update it for 8.2

• Hi again,

I see the three posts you wrote on the Wiki. You should still be able to access them through these direct links.

https://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-Software-Wiki/LSCS-in-a-cloud-environment/td-p/281212
    https://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-Software-Wiki/Silent-installer-for-TeamSite/td-p/278795
    https://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-Software-Wiki/LSCS-Performance-Optimization/td-p/278881

I would copy them and re-post them for you but I don't want to take credit for your work. If you think they're still relevant, please feel free to copy and paste them on to the new TeamSite or General Implementation Help categories.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. We really do appreciate your contributions to these forums!

Warm regards,
    David

David Colvin

• Great thanks. I will update them when I find time.

Appreciate the quick response.

Andy

• Glad to help! On a side note, HP may be taking down the DevNet site at any time. So, I would suggest copying them as soon as you can so they're not lost when the site is retired.

Kind regards,
    David

David Colvin

• Hi Team,

I just wanted to know is there any idea demo system is available for the OpenText streamserve ( Design center, control center and composition center ).

Am the member of KC and learning central and Idea demo system.

Could you please let us know details on how can we access to the OpenText streamserve solution.

Regards,
    Pavan,
    +918147271567.

Hi there,

I'll contact Product Management about this request and post the details here shortly.

Thank you!
    Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

Hi again,

We have demonstration resources available in My Support (OpenText partner access only).

We have a dedicated team supporting these demo environments, please feel free to contact them directly. Contact info is located in the link provided.

Thanks for participating in our new community

Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• Is there any way to change the display name to something more... human?

Hi there! I see why you asked that question, aldago-zF7Lc is not very human :) . Please click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the site, then choose Edit Profile.

Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• edited November 27, 2017

Hello,Alvaro,

Thank you for becoming an OpenText Forums member!

Yes, you can change your screen name. Click on your current screen name in your post to us. Select the small down arrow next to your profile icon in your profile page that displays. Select edit. You can change your screen name in the text book.

David Sciuto
    Community Manager
    Online Support

David Sciuto

• I don't see any edit profile option, just preferences. I think there's a problem between this migrated account from EMC communities and the exisiting (previously migrated) account from the support site

• In preference, if you look to the left navigation on the preferences page, do you see "Edit" in the list of menu items?

David Sciuto

• nope, no edit button/menu anywhere to be found.

• Hello, Alvaro,

Thanks for your patience. Apparently, some community members, like you, are not able to see the profile page. I have brought this to the attention of our development team. We should have a fix in place shortly.

David Sciuto

• Hello, Alvaro,

The edit profile issue has been fixed. You can edit your profile by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner. Select Edit Profile from the drop-down menu. You can then change your screen name. Please let us know if you have any issues with this. Thanks again!

David Sciuto
    Community Manager
    Online Support

David Sciuto

• much better, despite the lack of blanks in the username :D:D

• Excellent, Alvaro!

I'm glad it's working for you! I hope to see you online often in the new community. Welcome!

David Sciuto

• Hello @dsciuto

We see unanswered post section. But it holds threads from various Products. Will there be a filter of some sort introduced so that we can view posts related to our product lines more easily? Apart from that, I would be working on multiple product lines like Captiva and Documentum. So, I believe a Check box based filtering could be better. Please do share your thoughts and instights.

Thanks & Regards,
    Karthik Ram S.

Thanks & Regards,
    Karthik Ram S
    OpenText

• Thank you, Karthink, for your suggestion. I have passed it along to our development for consideration. I like the idea of a multiple selection category boxes, as well.

Please keep your suggestions and recommendations coming.

David Sciuto

• Dear @David Sciuto ,

I also came across another requirement. When I tried to respond to a customer's comment, I was not able to. Instead, I had to go down to then end, after all the comments that are available and I have to make an update. The comment I make would not make scene to customers initially. Hence, an option of adding commenting option would be more neat than adding a quote. Please do share your thoughts and suggestions regarding the same. :smile:

Thanks & Regards,
    Karthik Ram S

Thanks & Regards,
    Karthik Ram S
    OpenText

• Hi,
    I had profile on the EMC community, see the link https://community.emc.com/people/rushidd28
    how do i access my this profile on the opentext community.

Regards
    Rushikesh D

• Rushikesh,

Click on your screen name in the upper right banner of this, or any forum page, once you've logged in. It will take you to your profile page.

@rushikesh.deshpande said:
    Hi,
    I had profile on the EMC community, see the link https://community.emc.com/people/rushidd28

Regards
    Rushikesh D

David Sciuto

• Karthik_Ram_SKarthik_Ram_S EM mod
    edited February 22, 2018

@David Sciuto said:
    Rushikesh,

Click on your screen name in the upper right banner of this, or any forum page, once you've logged in. It will take you to your profile page.

@rushikesh.deshpande said:
    Hi,

Regards
    Rushikesh D

Dear @David Sciuto ,

I was also looking for the update just as @rushikesh.deshpande . I believe that I would have to put Rushikesh's query in a different way to get more light on the query.

ECD users like us have a separate community account with EMC. Once the community has been migrated to OpenText, we are now using a OpenText Community account. Rushikesh's query is, "Can we can use the EMC Account for OT or can we can have our EMC ID merged with OT ID, so that all our posts and comments of past and present be tracked under one roof?"

Hope this explanation helps.

Thanks & Regards,
    Karthik Ram S
    OpenText

• Karthik, I think I help you and rushikesh get that answer. I'll contact our systems manager and ask him to respond. Thanks for following up.

David Sciuto

• Hi @rushikesh.deshpande and @Karthik_Ram_S,

We do have the ability to merge your accounts together. I will need a bit of information before I can proceed though. Since the information I need includes your email address(es), I don't want to expose them here. I will send you both an email and work with you directly though email.

Kind regards,

David Colvin