Home General

Regarding Metadata

How do you query metadata, such as sources and targets. Familiar with querying metadata tables in Informatica, so wondering if there is an equivalent in OpenText.

Kevin Dunn ([email protected]****.net)

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer

Hi Karen,

Integration Center (Genio)
    Think is is now called OpenText Integration Center, Version 7.1
    Appreciate you asking.

Kevin

Answers

• Karen WeirKaren Weir Moderator EM admin

Thank you for your inquiry Kevin. Could you please let me know which OpenText solution you are referring to?

Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• Accepted Answer

Hi Karen,

Integration Center (Genio)
    Think is is now called OpenText Integration Center, Version 7.1
    Appreciate you asking.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Please review the data sheet for Integration Center which describes the transformation and metadata mapping functionality.

If you would like additional product information, please use the Contact Us form and our team will be happy to work with you.

Best,
    Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• Hi Karen,

Example (and there are many others) is:
    http://www.ptlshivakumar.com/2013/06/most-useful-informatica-repository.html

Look at query #7. It will give you an idea of the type of information you can get from Informatica, especially sources and targets.

Sure that developers and others have developed queries for making sure tests and development work is ok or for stats or whatever. Also others (like the person in this example) have figured out queries for their own reasons.

So checking to see, if these queries, done by people for OpenText are available to look at and use.

-Kevin Dunn ([email protected]****.net)

Thanks for the details Kevin,

We don't have this type of information published in a location for public access, so I cannot provide you the detail to review on your own. If you would like to reach out, then the Contact Us form would be the best step to take at this point.

Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• Hi Karen,

This is something that someone has and they can send the queries to me at [email protected]****.net.
    This would be a very large benefit to your product and add significant value.
    Would you mention it to whoever is in charge of development.

-Kevin

Hi again, I apologize for the delay. I have reached out to the team for review and advice on this request. I will post again when I have details for you.

Karen
    OpenText

Karen Weir
    Forum Moderator
    OpenText

• Appreciate the note, Karen.
    Someone has these queries because you could not function without them.
    It would be extremely beneficial for not only me, but all customers.

Have a great weekend.
    -Kevin

• Has there been any progress in this space? This would be good information