Setting EA on images in teamsite

Hi,

I need a help here as i have to add extended attributes for images in teamsite by reading the attributes/tags from an excel sheet.
Is there any way of setting EA's by reading excel sheet which contains image names and attributes/tags against multiple images?

I am using TS 8.2, Windows and Java.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• There is no OOTB solution for what you are trying to do, however if your development skills are reasonable then it should not be too difficult.

Is this a 1 time import or will it be run all the time ?

You can have a Java app that reads the spreadsheet and then runs the CDDSK to set the appropraite EAs.

• I did parsing of excel and now trying to set extended attribute by reading a column from the excel where i have mentioned the file path as Y:\default\main\Branch\WORKAREA\shared\SomeFolder\image.jpg.

My code:

if (new File(filePath).exists())
    {
    %>

File Found. Setting attribute...

<% //running command for setting EA } else { %>

Not a valid file

<%
    }

I am checking the file existence but it is failing to enter in if section and throwing error as Not a valid file.

Any suggestions...

Thanks in advance

• What class are you using to set the file ? Most of the classes need a type of CSFile maybe you are calling it with an incorrect type.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs