Grouping has a prolem in export to PDF and Excel

bokya
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi All,
One serious issu i am facing in my Web-Development project for BIRT report. I am using BIRT 2.5.1 version. When i generate report on BIRT viewer having Grouping on columns. On GUI no issue but when i export to PDF and Excel one extra row per group is coming and that should not come as per my requirement. Please any body help me out in the serious problem. I

I am attaching three snapshot
1) GUI Output
2) Export to pdf
3) Export to Excel

Thanks & Regards
Bokya

Comments

• Hans_vd
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • bokya
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    No,
    I am not using drop property. What is the benifit of using drop property? Why to use drop property? How to use drop propert? Please provide me any sample example for BIRT version "Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.5.1.v20090903 Build"
  • Hans_vd
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Hi Bokya,

I'm not saying you should use the drop property.
    I was only asking because I know that the same kind of output issues occur when it is used.

In your GUI output you have the grouping values next to the values of the first detail row. How did you do that?
  • bokya
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Hi,

That values are the output of another group. I have used two groups. Also used drop property as 'ALL', Vertical alignment as 'Middle'. Please help me for the same.
  • bokya
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Please reply to aboove post
  • Hans_vd
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>I am not using drop property</p></blockquote>
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>Also used drop property as 'ALL'</p></blockquote>
    <br />
    So you do use the drop property!<br />
    Did you check the links in my first comment? Is it not helping?
  • bokya
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Thanks for your reply,
    I used drop property too but same problem is coming. Please you also create one sample report and check at yuor side also has the same problem. Because when i use drop property group data will be applied to group of data and thh grouping row is extra row.

on design we put a group element on a row and that is the row it showing extra. but as i have used drop property so i dont want this extra row.

Also i have saw your link but there also same case.
  • Hans_vd
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    I am very much aware of what your problem is.<br />
    I had the same issues.<br />
    And when I finally solved the issues I wrote <a class='bbc_url' href='http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/birt-drop-group-header-property-with-doc-output-type/'>this article</a> about it.<br />
    <br />
    So, no more drop property<br />
    And the solution may not be too elegant - the grouping headers are gone the grouping data is scripted in the detail rows- but it does what you want. <br />
    <br />
    Did you try what is described in the article? add the aggregation fields.. set the borders.. write the scripts.. set the visibility expressions? <br />
    <br />
    Or am I completely misunderstanding what your problem is?<br />
    <br />
    Regards<br />
    Hans
  • I have tried this solution it is working in doc type but not in the pdf format