Home General
NOTE: We have moved all Upgrade Central conversations to the following area of the site. Please update your bookmarks, email notifications:

Content Server Upgrade

Where to Find the Former StreamServe Forums (now the Communications Center Enterprise forums)

edited April 3, 2018 in General

OpenText is pleased to announce that on March 22, 2018, the StreamShare discussion forums—previously accessed through the StreamShare website — relocated to the OpenText Communications Center Enterprise (CCE) discussion forums.
After March 22, you may access the CCE forums here.

David Sciuto

Best Answers

• BDNBDN
    edited April 4, 2018 Accepted Answer

Hello David,

What should we do when we get the following message when we follow your link?

Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that.

• BDNBDN
    edited April 5, 2018 Accepted Answer

Hello David,

I also gave a reply to that comment but then the topic was closed and none of the posts in it could be read anymore, and my question was never answered as far as I know.
    The wiki link in that post also can't be reached because of another limitation.

And the last link even gives a "server error" message. Which is the same error I get when trying to visit and other link on https://www.opentext.com right now (except the "Developers" link which leads to a different site. This part has now been fixed.

• BDNBDN
    edited April 6, 2018 Accepted Answer

@David Sciuto
    I can not understand from what you have written that, when a thread is moved, it can not be viewed / opened anymore by normal forum folk.
    I feel that you also do not really know the message we get when we open the link you just posted, so I have added a screenshot of it:

• BDNBDN
    Accepted Answer

Hello David,
    It seems to be working now! Thank you (and your colleagues) for figuring it out.

Answers

• BDNBDN
    edited April 4, 2018 Accepted Answer

Hello David,

What should we do when we get the following message when we follow your link?

Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that.

• Hello, BDN,

Our systems manager posted the following information in StreamShare forum. Please let me know if this helps you:

Hi there,

The following message is for all those that are having trouble getting full access to the forums in our community:

With OpenText, you will need to register with your business email address as OpenText cannot give full access to those registered with a personal email address. Forums like Communications Center Enterprise (Formerly StreamServe), require you to have full customer access before you can view or participate.

In addition to registering with your business email address, you will also need to be enabled for full customer access. In most cases, your company's administrator for OpenText Support will need to do this. There is more information about this process in the following guide and wiki page:

https://www.opentext.com/file_source/OpenText/en_US/PDF/opentext-mysupport-accounts.pdf

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/open/53156662?func=ll&objId=53156662&objAction=WikiView

For several of you who have posted above, I see that you have registered with your business email addresses, but you will still need to reach out to your company's admin to receive full access. If you're not sure who that is, you can always reach out to a local support agent (which can be found here: https://www.opentext.com/support/contact/opentext#_ga=2.195706021.827904050.1520970853-492166022.1511275256).

Hopefully, this information will help you complete the registration process. If any of you are still having trouble after your company admin gives you full access, please try clearing your browser cookies to see if that resolves the issue. If that still doesn't work, please reply here, and we will see what we can do to help.

David Sciuto

• BDNBDN
    edited April 5, 2018 Accepted Answer

Hello David,

I also gave a reply to that comment but then the topic was closed and none of the posts in it could be read anymore, and my question was never answered as far as I know.
    The wiki link in that post also can't be reached because of another limitation.

And the last link even gives a "server error" message. Which is the same error I get when trying to visit and other link on https://www.opentext.com right now (except the "Developers" link which leads to a different site. This part has now been fixed.

• Hello,

I'd second the comment and really confused why the prev topic (this information had been posted) and where the question about forum access and new 'policy' of participation in StreamShare forum was raised is not available now.
    What are the options now (if there are at all) if I don't have full customer access? Why was it (new rules) not announced before moving the forum? Otherwise, it looks you just moved the forum under your 'wings' and don't care. Sounds really sad... :(

Thanks.

Br, Irina.

• @irina_boldysh It took a bit of time and some trouble but I was able to get access to the Knowledge Base through support.
    I mailed the support team responsible for my country found behind the last link in David's post:
    https://www.opentext.com/support/contact/opentext#_ga=2.195706021.827904050.1520970853-492166022.1511275256

I hope this will also help you and others viewing this thread.

• edited April 5, 2018

Thanks, BDN, for following up on this. I'm glad you were to get access to the KB.

The forum thread that you mentioned was "closed" here in the General forums was moved to:

https://communities.opentext.com/forums/discussion/182208/streamserve-online-help-for-vesions-5-6-x#latest

Please note that we do not close threads; however, if there is a more appropriate category for the post (in this case CCE), we do move them so they are seen by customers and support personnel who focus on that product area.

@BDN said:
    @irina_boldysh It took a bit of time and some trouble but I was able to get access to the Knowledge Base through support.
    I mailed the support team responsible for my country found behind the last link in David's post:
    https://www.opentext.com/support/contact/opentext#_ga=2.195706021.827904050.1520970853-492166022.1511275256

David Sciuto

• BDNBDN
    edited April 6, 2018 Accepted Answer

@David Sciuto
    I can not understand from what you have written that, when a thread is moved, it can not be viewed / opened anymore by normal forum folk.
    I feel that you also do not really know the message we get when we open the link you just posted, so I have added a screenshot of it:

• edited April 6, 2018

Thank you, BDN. I understand the issue you have with permissions access: only product-licensed customers can access the product forums. Thus, when we move a post from General to the product forum and include a forwarding link, unless you have the proper permissions you will not be able to follow the discussion. I have emailed you with questions about this issue.

David Sciuto

• @BDN said:
    @irina_boldysh It took a bit of time and some trouble but I was able to get access to the Knowledge Base through support.

Hi,

Thank you. I'll try it out. I hoped very much that it'll be possible to register and participate in the forum with my private email. But it seems will not work (really confused (not in a positive way) by this new 'politic' of accessing the product forums only by product-licensed customers... ;((().

So, I'll try to re-register with my business address and will contact support as you described if experience the problems.

@David, you moved it but for me - it became closed, as now I have the same permission access problem as BDN noticed.

br, irina

• Hello, it's been a while.
    I have a specific Streamserve and wanted to post this in the "new Communications Center Enterprise (formerly StreamServe)" category through the link on the side of the forum:

Which only leads to more of this:

However, even though I now have access to the Knowledge Base, I still can't access the product forum even though I should have those rights by now. Could you help me with this or perhaps know someone who can help me with this?

Are there any people who have access to that forum? If so, what did you have to do to access it?

• Hello, BND, Thanks for your posted response. I believe that we've isolated the problem with your access and have corrected it. It takes a while for the update to take hold. Would you please try again in a day and let us know if you're now able to access the forum. Thank you!

David Sciuto

• BDNBDN
    Accepted Answer

Hello David,
    It seems to be working now! Thank you (and your colleagues) for figuring it out.

• Goodby StreamShare you will be missed!
    Maybe it's time to revitalize the streamserve-l list on it-toolbox.

• @BDN said:
    Hello David,

Excellent! Glad to hear. Thank you for letting us know, BDN!

David Sciuto

• It seems I do not have permission to access the forum as well.
    How can that be fixed please?

This discussion has been closed.