Identify Call was attended by Answering machine

Hi,

I would like to know, how to identify the Voice call was attended by answering machine or live. I have one requirement if the call was attended by answering machine, i would like to play missing alter text and then end the call. How could i do this using the VoiceScript or any other suggestion please reply me.

Thanks and Regards
Sara.

Comments

• Hi,

Any one know how to identify the call was attending by answering machine in voice control script. If the answer machie attend my call i would like to transfer to other transaction and i required some return value after the call completed. Please give your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards
    Sara

• Sara

This can be determined through the JobDeliveryStatusRequest(JDSR) provided you are sending the job using PAMD. The JDSR will provide the baudrate.

706 = Human answer.

707 = Anserwing Machine

Tom

• Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply, actually this api is used after the call was completed. But i would like to know when my call was attended by the machine not a live, If call attended by the machine i would like to go to one transaction and play some voice and end the call. Is it possible with Voice Control Script or any other way. Please give your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards
    Sara

• Yes, it is possible via voice scripting to take a different path through your call flow depending on whether the call was answered by a live person or an answering machine.

This kind of script design should be part of your overall application design.  Have you been working with our Sales or Sales Engineering staff to plan out your setup?