Sending Email and Fax Data to EasyLink - Which Web Service to Call?

Options

I have (will have) templates loaded on EasyLink.  A simple example for fax and email is as follows:

Thanks, <NAME> your account <ACCOUNTNUM> has been updated.

I want to pass in the variables NAME and ACCOUNTNUM to populate the template and send out the email or fax.

Which web service should I call to do this, and what is the format to pass in those variables?

Comments

• What types of templates will you be using?  That will determine how you go about submitting your job.

• I wasn't aware of different types of templates available for me to use.   What templates are available?  What is recommended?  If using the recommended approach, which API would I use for that?

• Sorry for the delay in responding...

Your initial post seemed to imply that you already have templates, which is why I asked what kind of templates you are using.

The system supports different types of templates for email and fax.

For email, the "template" is really just an input message body with placeholders for numbered  insert values. Those insert placeholders are specified using a specific syntax -- (I1), (I2), etc.  Then the inserts associated with each recipient are included in the input recipient list.

For fax, there are different types of templates, from Microsoft Word Mail Merge documents to templates that we call "banners", built with Microsoft Powerpoint. 

I recommend that you work with your sales account team to determine the best approach for your email and fax messages - once you've figured out what technique you want to use, we can help you with how to use that in the API.