Is it possible to retrieve Arrival Events using the JobDetail API?

Does the JobDetail API provide the same ammount of information as the JobDeliveryStatus? JobDeliveryStatus has the ArrivalEvent element that can contains the arriaval events associated with each job destination. Can I accomplish the same result by using the JobDetail API? (How?) Or should I use a combination of JobDetail and JobDeliveryStatus in order to be able to retrive the arrival events associated with each job destination?

Thanks,

Carlos.

Comments

• Carlos

Yes, the two of them pass back the same information. The JobDetail is more compact and includes csv files that would have to be parsed to retrieve the information. Please see the Overview for each in the documentation microsite for a detailed explanation.

https://apiforums.easylink.com/emapidocs/

Tom

• Hi Tom,

I've alredy seem the documentation on both sides, but it is still not clear to me how to get the arrival events, removal events and pull events by using the JobDetail API, can you provide me an example? On the documentation web site there no information about which keywords must be used to return those information.

PS: I've checked this url: https://apiforums.easylink.com/emapidocs/24/JobDetail/JobDetailItemKeywords.html

Thanks,

• Carlos

You do not need to specify the events to get them, they will be there as csv files if they are available. The ArrivalEvent is totally dependent on our receiving the DSN (Delivery Status Notification) from the delivering provider. This could happen right away, 2 days after delivered, or not at all. The Removal and Pull will show up if data is available. The Pull will show if HTMLOpenTracking has been set and the email is opened. This may not show depending on the browser/email app, etc.

Tom

• Tom,

It is my understanding that I do must provide the column names we want to retrieve to JobDetail, or do not specify any name at all (in the case a default set of columns is returned). The documentation (https://apiforums.easylink.com/emapidocs/24/JobDetail/JobDetail.html) says:

The type and amount of information returned in a  JobDetailResult can be specified on a per-request basis.  Users can specify the names of the fields they want to retrieve for both job-level data  (see Common Job-Level Keywords) and delivery item-level data (see Common Item-Level Keywords).  If the user does not specifically identify the fields they want to retrieve, a default set of fields will be used.

I've never seen a case that the JobDetail returned a column that I hadn't included on RequestedJobAttributes element of JobDetailRequest. But I think I got what you are saying. The inclusion of ArriavalEvents are turned on (or off) separately on the HideEvents element. Is that correct?

Can you provide me an example of JobDetailRequest and JobDetailResult that does include the ArrivalEvent information?

• Carlos

I have attached the results for a JobDetail and JDSR for an email with HTMLOpenTracking specified as "top" in the JobSubmit. Please note that the body of the email must be HTML for it to work.

Both requests where just the default request with no other specifications, for the detail it used the default fields. If you want just specific data you tell it the fields you want to get back.

In the detail the data for the pull appears in two places, Attachments and Pulls.

In the status the data shows under PullEvent, the -1 means there was a pull for HTMLOpenTracking and it shows the PullTime.

The ArrivalEvent is totally dependant on the delivery ISP. If that ISP does not send the DSN(Delivery Status Notification), there will not be any data shown. Both results show no ArrivalEvent because it was not sent back to us by the ISP that delivered the email. It is possible that if I run them again tomorrow it may show up, not too likely.

Let me know if you are clear on all now.

Tom

In the detail xml