Delivery Report StATUS

HI

How to check the exact status of delivery of the message.

I am using getStatusCode(Returns 0) and getRecStatus(Returns OK) to get the status back for successful delivery. But it seems it does not give the actual result.

For e.g Job id 210827 has not been delivered to the end user becuase th eemail id being used is not correct. But still I am getting the status code as 0 and Rec Status as OK.

Probably I am not looking for the correct option here.

Can you please help me on this.

Comments

• The Status section in the result is the status for the request, not for the job. It is telling you that the request was good and accepted by the system.

You need to look in the JobDeliveryStatus section, that shows the current state of the job itself.

Tom

• HI

We have sent a mail to invalid email id abhishek_chanchal@testing.com and the status is showing as delivered.

Please note that any address being used with @testing.com shows the result as delivered where as any oher invalid email address return the status as Delivering.

Please clarify.

• @testing.com is a valid domain and should not be used for your testing.  It is showing as delivered as the mailserver @testing.com accepted the message. It is not required to send back a negative DSN.

• Thanks. But in case we need to check an invalid email id in valid domain, which api we can use.

Is there any status which i can use to check the actual status for valid and invalid email addresses irregardless of domains

• There is no API Request that can check if an address is valid or invalid. Valid and invalid is determined by the final ISP. If the ISP chooses not to send an invalid notice then we say it was delivered. There really is no way to check the address ahead of time.

Tom

• HI..But if I send the email to same invalid id from my yahoo id or official id  , I receive delivery failure notice for each atempt.

Can we use Delivery Receipt error code(DLVD,SUCC etc) to determine the status. If yes what is the api to use error code

• The JobDeliveryStausRequest(JDSR) will show the information on what happened with each delivery. If we receive a DSN(Delivery Status Notification) from the final ISP that the address was invalid the JDSR will show this in the State with a gammacode as below, which is for your job 232646.

<State code="7" gammacode="9550">Sent</State>

9550 = SMTP error; Mailbox unavailable

Tom

• Can you please provide me the list of gamma codes and its meaning.

• Doing a search for gamma on the site will return this URL:

https://apiforums.easylink.com/content/gamma-codes

• This is not completely accurate.

Because of the way the deliveries are generally done, the gamma code may not reflect the above code for a "mailbox unavailable" error.

If we do receive a failure DSN, that information will be reflected in an ArrivalEvent that is part of the JobDeliveryStatus response. 

Attached is a small XML result file that includes an arrival event for a failure DSN.  Note that this shows a "Sent" status for the DeliveryDetail/State, and a subsequent failure.