API application that retrieves sender's fax number and document image from inbound fax

Please show us how user can implement api application that retrieves ANI and fax image.

Japan have a Windows Desktop application for inbound fax user called MGET.

This application downloads fax tiff file with the caller number as a part of filename.

MGET uses PCXCP's mailbox scan function to retrieve Caller ID and fax image.

It works as follows:

Inbound Fax -> Parser JPA_FR2 -> MailBox -(PCXCP)-> MGET -> fax number,TIFF

A recent inbound proposal requires similar functionality be available on Windows server.

Because MGET is not intended for unattended server execution, we turned to API if it can provide similar functionality.

We are aware that Fax2Mial has required functionality already with server push.

But the operational requirement for quick trouble detection and cutomer notice during Japan business hours made us consider above solution.

Comments

• The JobDocumentTransmit API function can be used to retrieve the document along with the metadata (i.e. the ANI).

• Thank you for introducing the API.

I tried it in XSI domain and saw how it works.

I'm afraid if this API is internal use because the use of it requires knowledge of internal data structure (job header items) which are not open to general users.

The current use case needs only ANI, so, we will show request format for that. I hope this is permissible.

• No, it's not internal - it's intended for use by customers.

There are some extensions that can be included that come out of the header, but other stuff is suitable for customers to see (baud rate, page count, etc.).