Do you have any sample C# code for building a coversheet?
The MailMerge cover sheet is actually a Word Doc. The URL below points to a MailMerge sample that shows a sample cover sheet. It is old and uses API 2.2, so you will have to update that part to API 2.5.
https://apiforums.easylink.com/content/creating-mailmerge-coversheets-using-api-22
I've attached my C#, and would attach the image of the object and image of the error but you need to clear my disk quota first.
Please review.when I run this line, "serializeResult("MMRequest", mmreq);"it throws the error.
What I would like is a Winform that can post my MailMerge documents. The example you pointed to doesn't have any help on writing the code.
May I have some help on my code, please
What do you mean by "you need to clear my disk quota first"? Not knowing what the errror is I can't really comment on it. Is it happening on that line or in the function? I would comment out the line and see if the Submit goes through.
No the disk quota I'm asking you to clear is where I have uploaded files, through this page. Apparently there is a 1Mb limit to what I can upload. So I can no longer send you any examples of code.
I've attached my most recent file where I am trying to upload a coversheet.
I would really appreciate some help on this as I can't find any documentation on your site on how to make a call to your webservice, to upload coversheets, So Im not even sure my code is close to what its supposed to be.
I am getting this error: Value of the "ItemElementName mismatches the type of the System.String, you need to set it to BuildCoverSheet.ItemChoiceType.@DocCfs"
on this line in the attached document MMCoverSheet.MMCoverSheetCreateResult rslt = svc.MMCoverSheetCreate(mmreq);
Btw, I deleted some old attachements on my prior post. They might be why I'm able to upload.
You need to setup your result seperately:
EMsgAPI_Demo.EMsgAPI_CFSUpload_201101.CFSUploadResult Submit_Result = new EMsgAPI_Demo.EMsgAPI_CFSUpload_201101.CFSUploadResult();
I am writing sample code for you but it iwll take a little while.
I have posted a functional and tested sample here.
https://apiforums.easylink.com/content/c-sample-mmcoversheetcreaterequest25
Thanks
I've attached my code, which copies yours plus the xml request it generates. It isn't at all what its supposed to be.
What was the result you got back? Did you check the request in Debug bdfore submitting? Some of the data does not serialize.
this is my submit_Rslt
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MMCoverSheetCreateResult xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" />
This is the EM.ResponseValue
<Response xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://ws.easylink.com/RequestResponse/2011/01" />
The problem is that you are using "INS" by itself. The insert number is required, as in "INS1", "INS2", etc.
I changed it, have attached request, response and result xml files. Getting Error in Parsing
You are using "Date" in the Mappings, that is not valid. For a list of valid mapping fields please see:
https://apiforums.easylink.com/emapidocs/EMAPI2.5/25/MMCoverSheetCreate/MMCoverSheetCreateRequest.html
Two questions.
First, I changed the DATE to SDATE as documentation above says and it went through, except there was a timeout error. Was the timeout due to my file or is that an issue on your side
Second, The documentation you sent me to for the correct field name listed INS without an integer. Which one is correct. INS or INS1?
We have no timeout set on our side, so that would have occurred on your side or with one of the ISP's it went through.
It is INS1, INS2, Ins3......INS999. We are updaying the document to reflect that.
I get a timeout when trying to create the cover sheet. Is this the correct url to send it to?https://test2messaging.easylink.com/soap/sync
Error message returned :
<ErrorCode>2000</ErrorCode> <ErrorMessage>XOA-2000 [system error] : MMEngine finished with error !Mail Merge Engine Time Out. ** **** </ErrorMessage>
That is the correct URL. We are looking at this. Any 2000 error is a System error on our side. During your testing continue to report them on this forum. If you receive this after you move to Production this should be reported to Customer Care. Back to you shortly.
You need to update your Word doc, it is still using DATE and INS. It should have SDDATE and INS1. The MM Engine could not reconcile the mapping with the doc.
Got it, thx. More questions:
1) how do I access myportal which I see is referenced in other documents to verify the coversheet is there?
2) How do I use all the added fields. I am currently using FaxCoversheetOptionType. Only properties I see there are CoversheetName, CoversheetAttn, CoversheetFrom and CoversheetTo. How do I use the additional properties like INS1...INSn or PHONE?
Great, glad it is working for you now.
1) This is the URL for test2 MyPortal https://test2.myportal.easylink.com/welcome.do same credentials you are using. For Production take out the test2 part.. Production credeentials.
2) The best way is to pass in a csv file. Look here https://apiforums.easylink.com/emapidocs/EMAPI2.5/25/Common/TableType.html and drill down to "default mappping" for the field names. I have attached a sample csv, but it only has inserts. You will have to add your additional fields and rremove the extra inserts. You have to base64 the entire csv file as it shows in the fax sample JobSubmit.
This shows how to place it in the DocData. I am looking for one more sample where you can list it for each destination.
This is sample XML showing how to list per destination.
I've uploaded my coversheet. The results it returned are below, but I can't find it on the test portal.
<MMCoverSheetCreateResult xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<Status xmlns="http://ws.easylink.com/MMCoverSheetCreate/2011/01">
<StatusCode>0</StatusCode>
<StatusMessage>OK</StatusMessage>
<SubmissionTime>2013-08-14T20:08:10.606Z</SubmissionTime>
<CompletionTime>2013-08-14T20:08:15.091Z</CompletionTime>
</Status>
<ObjectStore xmlns="http://ws.easylink.com/MMCoverSheetCreate/2011/01">XDDS</ObjectStore>
<MMCoverSheetId objKind="mmcover" ownership="customer" xmlns="http://ws.easylink.com/MMCoverSheetCreate/2011/01">mmcRecovercareMain1</MMCoverSheetId>
</MMCoverSheetCreateResult>
What you see on MyPortal depends on a Profile setting. There are two types of cover sheets, only one type can be displayed. Your setting is not for MailMerge cover sheets, but it is there and can be used. The setting does not prevent usage!
I am changing your Profile setting to "MM", it does need to be set to use them. You will have to have it set in Production when you move tthere. The Profile item is "cover_type" and has to be set to "MM".