Enhanced Email option test in SOAP UI

Hi ,

I am trying to submit an email request using JobSubmit service through SOAP UI. My request got successful and got proper response with status message OK and MRN number. But it took around 2 Hours to send the email to inbox.

Is JobSubmit service (EnhancedEmail option) is not a real time one ?

Also in my request i tried to send attachment (PDF) but the receiver didn't get the attachment, is something wrong in request xml? Please suggest.

Comments

• Remove the InputChannel, needs to be assigned to use, slowed processing, and ResultOption.

The PDF did not show because it was not referenced in the Contents as an attachment. The Document in the Contents was used as the Body by Default. but that should be specified as Body.

• Okay sure, I will work on that changes. In the mean time if you have any sample XML ( for Email with attachment ) please share with us. Thank you.

• I have attached a sample XML. You can ignore the pull document. Note the use of Body and Attachment.

• I have prepared my request based on your comments with body and attachment and submitted the request and got the response like this...

<Status>
                   <StatusCode>0</StatusCode>
                   <StatusMessage>OK</StatusMessage>
                   <SubmissionTime>2017-07-25T15:38:32.668Z</SubmissionTime>
                   <CompletionTime>2017-07-25T15:38:33.355Z</CompletionTime>
                </Status>
                <JobId>
                   <XDN>flusme</XDN>
                   <MRN>2380449</MRN>
                </JobId>

But when i saw the message on administration window it says Error..

Job ID                                                                                   Status

Error
    07/25/2017 10:39

Can you please suggest us whats the problem..

• Take the PDF_pull out of Documents and Contents. You should be fine after that.

• Yes i did that one , if you see my earlier attached request i have commented PDF_pull from documents and contents.

Also just now i have removed completerly from request and submitted another request with JOB id ( 2331188) even that one got failed. Please review.

• Take out the HTMLOpenTracking. Also, you are saying the Body doc is HTML and it is not. Use a real HTML doc.

• Yes its working fine now. Thank you.

• Hi Thuneke -  We also has a specific functionality in our application that once email sent successfully and receipent read the email we have to track the read receipt. I know Email is a asynchronous and in normal case its not possible to track the read receipt. Is there any read receipt functionality supported by OpenText ?

• You can use the HTMLOpenTracking, but the body has to be a HTML file.

• i tried to customize the from address by declaring <FromAddress>kalyan@****.com</FromAddress> ( valid email address) but its the email itself not sent when i use <fromAddress> tag.

Right now its generating with defalt address as "displayName <R-3-614083-2347707-2-1-US2-7243D124@xmr4.com>"

<EnhancedEmailOptions>
                      <Subject>subject</Subject>
                      <FromDisplayName>displayName</FromDisplayName>
                      <FromAddress>kalyan.marabathina@****.com</FromAddress>
                   </EnhancedEmailOptions>

How to customize that from address?

• The FromAddress is actually spoofing if used. That requires special approval! You would go through Sales person ot PreSales Engineer. You cannot use it until you have the Approval.

• Okay Sure Thank you