WebServices API through AppWorks Gateway Example

Options

Is there an example of an AppWorks App that uses the Gateway proxy component to access the Personal Assignments or any other WebService API for that matter?
In other words, a JavaScript based solution, integrated to the AppWorks framework, used from outside the firewall where a CWS is called for some function?
Thanks

Comments

• The AppWorks Gateway only exposes the REST APIs. Unless somebody corrects me, the Web Services API cannot be proxied through the AppWorks Gateway. You'll have to go directly to Content Server.

• Thanks for the prompt response! I'm confused though...
    One of the documents I found when using the knowledge base was "The Power of EIM Applications from Nov 2013" that states on Page 15:
    "The Proxy service afforded by the Web Server and managed through the AppWorks UI allows developers to integrate their applications by moving API calls, web content and other data through the AppWorks gateway. This eliminates the need for additional routes through the firewall and means that developers have one URL to hit for all content, all apps and services."

So, from your answer I assume this is no longer true and there is no "easy" way to get a list of assignments on my AppWorks Solution. Also the definition of the "Proxy (otag.proxy) A component necessary to proxy through requests to a backend system; useful for exposing REST APIs through the OpenText AppWorks Gateway." is not what it says?

• That description is absolutely correct. The proxy allows you to have a single URL to access REST APIs. This is used to access Content Server through AppWorks.

• That is correct. Even if through a layer of REST Services

• In a future release, AppWorks Gateway may be able to act as a pass-through proxy for all HTTP-based APIs, but currently this is restricted to REST APIs only.

You could create your own AppWorks Service which uses the Content Services Web Services API to access Personal Assignments and exposes a REST API to your AppWorks Apps through the gateway.

• I have been corrected by members of the AppWorks team, so I need to revise my earlier statement.

The proxy service in the AppWorks Gateway is in fact an HTTP proxy, and is therefore capable of proxying any HTTP traffic, not just REST.

We are using this capability in our own product, ECM Everywhere. If a user views a form or a webform that requires a call like http://...?func=wfedit then the AppWorks Gateway passes that request via the AppWorks Reverse Proxy directly on to Content Server.

My apologies for any confusion caused.