Appworks Gateway : Unable to connect to Content Server 10 update 13

Options

Hi there,

I have setup the AppWorks Gateway successfully on a my personal laptop, and am now trying to connect it to Content Server 10 update 13. In the Settings page, I provided the Content Server URL as “http://localhost/OTCS10/livelink.exe” and clicked on the Test Content Server URL button, and the following message is shown:
Failed to Connect with Content Server

I tried to connect using ip address as well but still getting same error.
What is the format for the Content Server URL that needs to be provided for the gateway? Is this linked to any other configuration settings of OTDS or any other component?

I have referred installtion guide but it specifically mention about TempoBox and OpentText Everywhere. I am not using any of these modules.It just CS10 Update 13 I have configured on my laptop and trying to install and configure Appworks Gateway.

Also Do we need to install OTDS sepearately?

Please help me with this asap...

Comments

• SDay
    Options

Hi

Have you installed the content service module on content server?

Are you using internal content server authentication?
    Once you have successfully tested the connection to content server you will need to configure the content server identity provider so you can login to Appworks as a CS user if you wish to continue to login with CS based users

This requires an update to the server.xml and is detailed in the install guide

As for your question about otds I assume when you deployed AppWorks you selected the install with otag option for otds which means you are using the otds embedded with Appworks

Hope it helps

Simon

• Hi Simon,

I have not installed Content Service module, Currently I am using Internal Content server authentication..Once this connection is established I may move to Content service installation and OTDS.
    I am able to access CS10 using browser however Within OTAG settings if I try to connect to locathost URL then it gives me "Failed to Connect with Content Server".

Can you please let me know what installations we need to carry out before trying to connect appworks and CS10?
    I have now installed Apache Tomcat 7, JDK7, OTAG and CS10.5 and now trying to establish connection with OTAG & CS10. I have used the otds embedded with Appworks.

Aditi

• SDay
    Options

Hi Aditi

Do you have a login to the OpenText Knowledge Centre Https://knowledge.opentext.com?

S

• Yes, I do have Opentext login. I have visited few documents for OTAG installations, but they have not mentioned any specific steps to connect CS10 (directly). I do not want to use OT Everywhere or TempoBox.

I am new to this AppWorks so not having clear understanding of configurations.

Aditi

• SDay
    Options

Hi

You will need the content service module for CS

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=58572061&objAction=browse&viewType=1

it also has a dependancy on the Pulse module in CS

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=42206286&objAction=browse&viewType=1

The test connection to CS should then function in the AWG admin pages

You will then need to create a trusted key in AWG to push to CS to ensure the communication between AWG and CS is trusted

Make sure the user you are login into AWG is an admin user in CS otherwise the push of the trusted key will fail

The easiest way to do this is to use the Content Server Identity provider configuration in AWG so that you can login to AWG gateway UI as the CS Admin user,if you don't currently plan on using OTDS for auth

This is covered in the install docs

Any further questions please ask

Simon

• SDay
    SDay E
    #7 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

You will need the content service module for CS

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=58572061&objAction=browse&viewType=1

it also has a dependancy on the Pulse module in CS

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=42206286&objAction=browse&viewType=1

The test connection to CS should then function in the AWG admin pages

You will then need to create a trusted key in AWG to push to CS to ensure the communication between AWG and CS is trusted

Make sure the user you are logging into AWG with is an admin user in CS otherwise the push of the trusted key will fail
    The reason for this is that the user called otag you created upon install of AWG is an admin in AWG but NOT in CS

The easiest way to do this is to use the Content Server Identity provider configuration in AWG so that you can login to AWG gateway UI as the CS Admin user,if you don't currently plan on using OTDS for auth

This is covered in the install docs

Briefly the process is

Login to AWG Gateway UI as user otag
    Set the CS url in the settings area
    Logout
    Shutdown Tomcat
    Add the CS Identity provider to tomcat's server.xml
    Startup Tomcat
    Login as CS Admin user
    Create the trusted key and push it to CS

Any further questions please ask

Simon

• Hey Simon,

I have managed to install Tempo Box Content Service and Pulse module for Content Server URL Set up. Also I have reset the paassword for otadmin@otds.admin user as mentioned in Guide, but while trying to access AppWorks Gateway using this Admin user (otadmin@otds.admin) and new password its throwing error as "Authentication Failed". To create trusted server connection to Content Server, I require this id to be responsive.

Regards,
    Aditi