Can notification be set on a folder through the REST API

Options

I want to create a folder and be notified when someone uploads a file to it. I've got the folder creation call working. But how would I set the notification feature?

Comments

• Ferdinand Prantl
    Ferdinand Prantl E Community Moderator
    Options

I am afraid that this is not possible with the current CS REST API. It is not planned for the next major server release either, AFAIK. If you need this call today, you would have to write it yourself.

• There is good news and bad news. The Bad news you already have - there's not a REST implementation for this and you're probably in the domain of customization. The good news is that the customization would be that the module would probably involve writing a node callback that creates the notification interest on the folder (mimicking what you currently do through the UI). If you go this route, you at least don't worry about having to change any of your REST client code. What needs to be determined is if you can detect from the callback whether your request came from REST or not. You'd also need to be able to turn this on or off (i.e. it is possible you don't want this for all REST calls, just some of them). I'd be curious to know what other Oscripters out there would have to say about this requirement. It is an interesting challenge :)

<

p>
    -Hugh Ferguson

• Ferdinand Prantl
    Ferdinand Prantl E Community Moderator
    Options

You could have a look at the Pulse functionality. It gathers various events which occur in a container and exposes them as a RSS feed, which can be placed on a CS page to notify the user about the latest changes. Pulse will have a REST API to access its feeds in the next CS version.