Build a simple APP which can open TempoBox-AppWorks site with the UserName and Password

Options

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple app which will ask user to provide userID and Password and the app will then pass on the credentials to open up TempoBox-AppWorks. This will help me to discriminate between internal and external users and based on the type of users I will allow/not allow TempoBox-AppWorks Site.
I have all external users in Non-SYNC Partition in OTDS and all internal users in SYNC Partition in OTDS.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Dear Wrick,

I am also looking for similar solution.If you get any solution for it please ping me at faisaljawaid.bs@gmail.com.

• I finally did it using f5. Had to move to SAML with 0 priority and negotiate as 1 for global partitions. Adding no-saml to urls I achieved SSO for internal and for external it failed negotiate and fall-back to SAML where I used f5 to pass on credentials to OTDS and authenticate users against it and finally sign-off to AppWorks-Tempo. I seriously feel there is a bug in OTDS which does not fall back to SAML if it is set as 1 priority and Negotiate as 0. Hope this helps you as well. After spending around 4 weeks we finally could do it using f5

• Dear Wrick,

Can you please ellaborate what is F5 and how to sign-off to Appworks- Tempo?

• f5 is a proxy and can be used/utilized in various ways. We have used the Portal functionality of it to authenticate users. We first used it to authenticate against AD to determine whether he is internal/external. Then we used SAML(f5 is IDP) to SSO against OTDS / Appworks-tempo.
    Make http.cookie as 0, SAML as 1 and negotiate as 2 priority. You can use webaccess as well though as auth handler in OTDS, but we preferred SAML.