Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How about a European Mirror of Knowledge Centre?
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Does anyone else outside the states find the Knowledge Centre site unbearably slow?Any chance of Opentext mirroring the server somewhere in Europe with good connections?Best regards/matt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sjaak_van_den_Akker_(originuser2_-_(deleted))
Matt,Since one of our firewalls is stated in the USA the performance over here is reasonable. I also doubt you want to mirror the Knowledge Centre since this would slow down the possibility of using the discussions. Better start very early in the morning (like I do) and start with checking out the Knowledge Centre. Until 13.00 CET the performance is very well and agreed after that it's getting slower.Best regards,Richard.
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi Richard.Sorry but I disagree with you about this. I don't find the KC convenient. I also don't feel it's acceptable to say "well i'll only use it a 9:30 in the morning" that doesn't work for me. I do want a European mirror of the Knowledge Centre and I think OpenText Corp should want one too.Morningstar (Hi Darryn) have a technology that could form the basis of a product to replicate discussions, folder's etc.. between Livelink servers. I am talking to various people to see whether any funding could be raised to make this kind of thing happen.I would have thought OT would be interested in a practical demonstration of Livelink being replicated across the world (and i'm not talking about using Oracle replication underneath).Best regards/matt.p.s. Unfortunately all the I's in this message accurate reflect how egotistical I am. Please ignore them ;-)
Sjaak_van_den_Akker_(originuser2_-_(deleted))
Matt,I agree that if a good replication program is available a European Mirror would be useful. However such a tool or service should work properly before even starting such a mirror site. OT indeed should feel this as an opportunity to show what is possible with LL.Regards,Richard.