Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
DAPINODE 2, the lost API.
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi folks.I don't think Spielberg will be making a movie of this anytime soon!So ok this is nice, between my old and revised copies of the SDK training manual they seem to have dropped the little useful info on the DAPINODE that was present. Given how important they seem to be I can only ascribe this to a "senior moment" on the part of the writer!Anyhow in the old version they helpfully tell youDAPINodes are similar to Assocs, except that there are predefined names for the DAPINode elements, and the syntax for referring to them is different:DAPINode xfolderxfolder.pName = "Training documents"xfolder.pDComment = "various training docs"It might have been helpful if they had completed this list of element names somewhere because I don't think I can guess the rest of them!Does anyone know where this is documented?Best regards/matt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Arlene_Elder_(GlaxoWellAdmin_(Delete)_1421884)
Take a look at dtree in the database for starters. A lot of the stuff is simply a 'p' infront of column name. I think this is accessable from the HTML admin page. If not look at the database directly.Hope this helps
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi Stephen.I appreciate that I can guess the names and in fact the one I actually wanted (pExtendedData) is in the training guide.I suppose my point (to OpenText) is that I shouldn't have to hunt around. For something this fundamental (they keep telling us everything is nodes) the documentation should be clear, accurate and complete.Best regards/matt.
Arlene_Elder_(GlaxoWellAdmin_(Delete)_1421884)
For everything going back and forth (.fArgs, .fCtxin ect) set breakpoints do inspections of exactly what is being passed aroung. Also stepping into code allows you to see the UAPI to LAPI translations going on. The documentation I don't find to be too bad, and what isn't provided, I find I can discover it, if I keep looking.I agree that sometimes can be very frustrating though.
Simone_Oettinger_(SOettinger_(Delete)_177592)
8.1 will include current on-line documentation for OScript built-in functions. Simone
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi Simone.I am happy to be able to say Thank you!This is good news and a good start.Best regards/matt.
Kent__Jordan_(MorningstarUser1_(Delete)_1426732)
Try looking in... WEBNODE:WebNodeRoot:WebNodeUtils.NodeToWebNode()This is a pretty cool function that takes a DAPINODE a returns a Record of all of the features like:pVolumeId, pId, pParentId, pOriginalVolId, pOriginalId, pUserId, pGroupId, pUserPerm, pGroupPerm, pWorldPerm, pSystemPerm, pPermID, pName, pType, pSubtype, pCategory, pCreateDate, pModifyDate, pExAtt1, pExAtt2, pReserved, pReservedBy, pReservedDate, ... etcI usually use that function in conjunction with... LLIAPI:LLIApiRoot:RecArrayPkg.DumpRecord()which dumps an assoc, record or recarray vertically into the debug window like:colname | valuecolName | value
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi Trevor.This is very useful thank you.OTC is there any chance of you putting this information in the module developers guide & SDK training manual?Best regards/matt.
Hans_Stoop_(hstoop_(Delete)_1579932)
In the 8.1.1 SDK documentation they added information about the DAPINODE and other build in packages. I've attached the dapinode info.
Marie_Lindsay_(MLindsay_(Delete)_15608)
I think it would be a good idea to put a reference to this object in our Builder training manual--the need is less "pressing" now that 8.1's online help documents the DAPINode properties in full, but we will still see where we can add a note.Marie Lindsay
Application_Services_FUJITSU_(fuji_ware05_-_(delet
You can also try
http://..../livelink.exe?func=testargs&easteregg