I'll add my two cents as a new developer trying to integrate Maximo with LiveLink via Java.
1. JavaDocs are a must.
2. Any documentation to the API seem to be very difficult to find (I still haven't found the HTML that everyone is talking about).
3. From what I have seen in the API and gotten to work, the methods are convoluted and don't clearly indicate what they actual will do. Thus the need for the JavaDocs.
End point. If you have a Java API then JavaDocs are the way to support it. By properly documenting the code created you can just generate the JavaDocs and thus this shouldn't be an issue.
The online documentation can be found here on the Knowledge Center:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/fetch/16060242/llesapi/v090701/llesapi-pgd/docovw.xml
I hope that this is helpful…
Best Regards,
Jim
-- ================================ Jim Brezina Senior Technical Consultant, NA Technical Services Division Open Text Corporation Lincolnshire, IL USAmailto:jimb@opentext.comhttp://www.opentext.com ITIL Certified================================
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 4:04 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Agreed - Need Javadoc
Agreed - Need Javadoc
Posted by jawolf@jawolfconsulting.com (Wolf, Jonathan ) On 2011/03/17 10:51
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Topic:
JavaDoc?
Forum:
LAPI Forum
Livelink Server:
knowledge-wlweb01