Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Bypassing Livelink Login
x-nortelnetworksuser41_-_(deleted)
I am interested in using my web server for user authentication. In other words, when a user goes to a Livelink URL they will be prompted with a "Web Browser Type" login popup where they can enter their username and password. Once authenticaed they will be able to use livelink as usual :)I know professional services has the LDAP integration package that does something similar, but I really don't want to spend a lot of money to simply skip the livelink login.Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Brad_Bosley_(bradbosley_-_(deleted))
The 8.1 beta rlease has stubs in the ExecutewithLogin function to use Basic Authentication from the web server (the REMOTE_USER environment varible).
Bill_Breslin_(bbreslin_(Delete)_1351824)
If you use NT basic authentication, I assume all users are also defined users in the livelink system, right? Thus, from a maintenance point of view I add users to the NT system and I add users to Livelink but they are just authenticated against the NT system?
x-nortelnetworksuser41_-_(deleted)
>> If you use NT basic authentication, I assume all users are also defined users in the livelink system, right? We actually use a Unix server (Solaris) and our clients use Unix workstations and NT based PC's.>> Thus, from a maintenance point of view I add users to the NT system and I add users to Livelink but they are just authenticated against the NT system?I have no control over the company's user database (aside from the ability to make queries) so I cannot consider a "add a user = add a livelink user" approach.