Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How do I integrate LDAP with Livelink?
Jonathan_Morgan-Jones_(TMATelecomAdmin_(Delete)_14
I need to build a directory (membership) system to complement the existing Livelink functionality for our online server, but can find scant information in the knowledge on how Livelink can/should be integrated with an LDAP server.Fundamentally I have one question -Do I use an LDAP server and integrate it with LivelinkorDo I build the Directory service in Livelink and integrate with LDAP?All comments will be gratefully received.Jon.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Jon.I think the answer you will get from OTC will involve either talking to their professional services (quite expensive) or waiting until the LDAP module is released (time consuming).Is anyone else interested in LDAP integration because we have some thoughts about it...Best regards/matt.
Bill_Morton
Jon,The approach we've taken at Open Text is to let you build a directory in LDAP and synchronize it with Livelink. You would add attributes to extend the user and group schema in LDAP and associate these with specific Livelink severs. This information is used by the synchronization process to conform the user and group membership of each Livelink server with the LDAP directory.The Open Text Professional Services organization has developed an external tool that performs this synchronization with Livelink server(s). They have deployed this for several customers who are using Netscape Directory Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5.Open Text is finishing up a product module that peforms the same sort of synchronization within Livelink. In addition to the LDAP support for Netscape Directory Server and Microsoft Exchange Server the product version will also provide a way to synchronize Livelink users and groups with an NT Domain Server.Authentication of users is also addressed by both the PS offering as well as the forthcoming product module. It is possible to set up the web server that sits in front of Livelink so it authenticates all web browser access prior to passing the transaction to Livelink. Livelink can be adapted so that it relies upon this authentication and connects the user without requiring a separate login.Please contact me if you require further information.Thanks,-Bill Morton
Frank_Schleicher_(FSchleicher_(Delete)_467980)
Obviously, we too are interested in LDAP, though concerned over the sheer volume of mappings that must be maintained. As I look at the typical business environmnet and compare it with what I see in the academic setting, I get a bit overwhelmed. We exercise 1000's of changes daily, with adds, drops, as well as the variety of access rights available to each individual. Managing access may be much more of a problem than anything else associated with LL.