Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How do I call LAPI from OScript ???
NetSys_(Delete)_271892
In the LAPI manual it is implied that LAPI programs can be called from OScript, but I cant find any where HOW to do it.Is there anybody who has done such a thing or anyone who can direct me somewhere ????Regards Bert Bert@Johansson-Kaneko.com
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Arlene_Elder_(GlaxoWellAdmin_(Delete)_1421884)
All LAPI calls map to an equivalent OScript. If you want to make a LAPI call look at the 'API' ospaces and you can see what OScrpit calls are executed for a LAPI call.It doesn't make sense to me to call LAPI from OScript.Also take a look at the application globals. The API OSpaces are likely registered here and then you can call them with the $ directive.Hope this helps
NetSys_(Delete)_271892
Sorry you are correct. But I didnt really want to do LAPI calls from within OScript, as you correctly say, WHY.What I am after is a method/way to call non-Livelink methods from within an OSCript, i.e 'other' COM objects not suppliedby OT.Sorry for the confusion, hope I stated my question better this time.So correction to my query.Is there anybody whom can direct me or even tell me howto call 'external' COM object from within an OScriptBert
David_Forbes_(dforbes_-_(deleted))
You can try something like this, but of course it is not supported.------------------------------------- OleDispatch UWI ActiveX.Initialize( ) UWI = ActiveX.CreateObject("TestComUWI.SampleUWI") UWI.ExecuteUWI("sample2.frm", "lloutput2.frm")---------------------------------------Francois
Hans_Stoop_(hstoop_(Delete)_1579932)
Internal of OT we use drop-ins. That is a way to extend OScript with your own data types with their own methods.The drop-in is written in C++ and maybe some other languages. I don't know who you have to contact to get more information about this.
Hans_Stoop_(hstoop_(Delete)_1579932)
Future plans for the builder are to make it possible to do CORBA calls to outside systems.
NetSys_(Delete)_271892
Great news, sounds as the way to go, when do you think that would be ????Meanwhile, Is there any doc concerning the Drop-IN facility I can get my hands on, or is it an internal OTC thing...Thanx againBert
Simone_Oettinger_(SOettinger_(Delete)_177592)
We are working on a extension to the SDK that will allow a CORBA service to be accessed from within OScript. This is planned for release in Q499 (FY). This will be a safe and supported method for calling external services. Drop-ins can be dangerous and are not supported (they are an Open Text internal development tool).Please contact me if you have further questions,Simone
Thomas_Wong_(Imvec_(Delete)_1087515)
Anyone can show me an example on how to call an external dll function in Oscipt?