Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How should discussion archiving work?
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi folks.I have had a quick stab at how you archive a topic in a Livelink discussion. The easy way was to simply create a single page containing each contribution in some sort of order. In the first instance this page can be downloaded from the browser and then re-added to the library, later on expect to add it directly (note: I have not attempted this second bit yet).However this raised a question because my code choked on an attachment once it was installed in the real-world. My instant solution was to ignore attachments (Tada. It works again!) but I'm not sure this a long term strategy ;-)So I am soliciting opinions about how archiving of discussions should work... Would it be better perhaps to turn a topic into a compound document where the attachments could live mixed among text/postings? I'm not sure I like this though...Does anyone have any opinions about this..?Best regards/matt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet