Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Issue - copying a workflow with sub-workflows ...
Sjaak_van_den_Akker_(originuser2_-_(deleted))
I've an issue and I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just the way it's working:I have a folder which contains a main workflow and several sub-workflows. If I copy the folder using the browser it creates a new folder containing all workflows. However the main workflow still refers to the sub-workflows of my original folder. Should I consider this as a bug or is a sub-workflow a real sub-item of a main workflow?To compair: If I copy a folder with sub-folders a new folder with new sub-folders is created and it's not referring to the old sub-folders ...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Trevor_Smith_(tsmith_(Delete)_1483518)
This is just a guess, but I think that when a main work-flow references a sub-workflow, it stores the nodeID of the sub-work-flow. When you copy the folder and its' contents, the new workflow nodes get new nodeIDs. This has no ramifications for the new main-workflow, but leaves the new sub-workflows unattached to the main. This is a logical restriction, since Livelink treats the move as 3 separate events (i.e., it doesn't know that the 3 move as a unit).