Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Workflow steps customization.
Carlos__del_Costillo_(LatAurAdmin_(Delete)_2030086
Hi all. I want to make some customizations to a workflow step, like adding a new tab to fill some information and may be make some validation when the step is sended on.Do you have some ideas, or where can I start to make some customizations to de Workflow steps.Thanks.Carlos
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi Carlos.I'm doing some similar stuff and obviously with no documentation for the work flow package it's pretty hard. I assume you have Builder and are reasonably comfortable with it.Where you want to start looking is in the WFMAIN OSpace. Specifically WFMAIN:WF Root:CallbackEventScriptsUnder there you will find three objects:GeneralCallbackScriptsPerformerCallbackScriptsSubmapCallbackScriptsOf these I am only familiar with the PerformerCallbackScripts which are intended to allow you to dynamically route workflows. In my case I am trying to route a workflow based on data entered in an attached Adobe form.I assume that you will want to use a GeneralCallbackScript. These return true/false so I guess they may have some role in deciding whether a workflow step is successfully executed.Using the instructions I got from OpenText UK support here are some steps that might help you get started.1) Create yourself a new OSpace.2) Orphan the GeneralCallbackScript object into your OSpace.3) Set fEnabled=TRUE4) Run the __Init script5) Read 0Documentation & Add a script body as described6) Customise ;-)I hope this may be of some help in getting you started.Best of luck.Matt.
Simone_Oettinger_(SOettinger_(Delete)_177592)
Workflow customization documentation will be available with 8.1.3 (next quarter).Hang in there, folks!Simone
Carlos__del_Costillo_(LatAurAdmin_(Delete)_2030086
Thank you very much. I'm trying to add something like a notification and some kind of step scalation. So if someone is delayed in a task, automatically sends a message (e-mail) to a person previosuly configured in that step. Do you have any ideas??Another question, is there a way to send an e-mail within OSCript??
Carlos__del_Costillo_(LatAurAdmin_(Delete)_2030086
Do you know if there is a draft available??Just to start and have more idea...Thanks
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi Carlos.Re: step escalation. The workflow trigger event scripts seem to be associated with a step starting so I i'm not sure they are appropriate in this case.However the change agents are able to detect tasks being late so maybe there is a way based on that.On your second point, take a look at LLAgent:LLAgent Root:Transports:SMTP:Execute(). It's not pretty but is does work.Best regards/matt.