Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
XML in OScript anyone?
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi there.I was wondering whether anyone had written an XML parser in OScript? Obviously I would like DOM support if possible but I'd happily take a bare-bones parser if anyone could help out...Best regards/matt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Luciano_Borrel
YES, I've coded and XML Parser in OScript. My code is a translation of a JavaScript version called "xml for " (avaible at
http://www.idle.org/experimental/).If
you are interested in testing/debugging my OScript XML Parser, please contact me at e.papalini@idtech.it. I'll send you a copy, it is under GPL!Enrico Papalini---------------Software Eng.ID Technology -----------------------------------------------------------Extract from "xml for ":The essential implementation objectives were:Speed - use as little recursion as possible. Bitter experience of stack and memory limitations in version three and four JavaScript and JScript engines suggests that avoiding serious recursion is a good plan. There are some speed benefits to be gained here. Speed (2) - avoid character-by-character manipulation. Again, this is a speed issue. I wanted this parser to be feasible, so I implemented a three-pass parser. The first pass over the source marks out the beginnings and endings of tags ( < and > characters), so the later phase can use substring() calls to extract the tags and text - this means the string is analysed in larger chunks, which is an obvious speed gain. Clearly, some parts of the markup (notably attributes) need to be parsed in a character by character way. Compliance - implement as much of the 10-Feb-98 recommendation as is possible. This thing has to be useful. The subset of the standard I have implemented (this isn't the final implementation) is enough to use XML in several embedded applications. A more faithful rendering of the standard is in the works. Usefulness - provide DOM-like functionality. In order to make the parser slightly useful, some DOM-like methods are provided: getText(), getAttribute(), getElements(byName). These, along with direct access to the attributes[] and children[] array, should allow reasonable access to the document.