Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How do I set the default sort order for a compound document?
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi.I am using the Java LAPI to create an populate a compound document. In this case I need to order the sub-documents so that they appear correctly.What I am finding though is that they are being sorted by name. Not what I want at all.I cannot find anything in the Info that allows me to specify an override to say that it should default to sorting by order. Opentext, surely you didn't hard code this?Can anyone help me with this?BTW: Does anyone know what a "Master Document" is in the context of a compound document? The documentation for the API call LAPI_DOCUMENTS.SetMasterDocument() is a little vague on this point...Best regards/matt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Paul_Eddie_(PEddie_(Delete)_801545)
One way to circumvent this is to use the lapidoc.updateobjectinfo() such that the value of 'ordering' is 1 -- you just have to make sure that other objects within the compound document do not have the value of 1 for their ordering. I haven't tried it out, hope it helps anyhow.Paul