Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Another LAPI bug?
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi.I am trying to add a file to a Livelink 8.0.2 server using Java LAPI.What leads me to think there is a bug is that Livelink is rejecting my api call with the error:Error: Name cannot contain the character ':'.Where my document NAME does not contain a ':' character.On the other hand the PATH name of the document I am trying to load does contain a ':'.Why on earth the API is sending the full client path name of the document being loaded to the livelink server I cannot imagine. Looks like a bug to me!Can someone from OTC confirm this behaviour?If it is a bug is there a work-around?&When will it be fixed?Best regards/matt.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Ok the error was my fault. For some reason I broke some working code and was passing the filename twice rather than docname,filename.However the AddDocument API is still storing the full client path name as the document filename. I don't think it should do this.Best regards/matt.