Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Bulk Permission Changing
Matthew_Nalewajek_(MolsonAdmin_(Delete)_1425049)
When we setup Livelink we had "Public" permissions set on a lot of folders and files whcih was fine at the time. Now we want to allow access to the database to external business partners and now "Public" takes on a totally different meaning. I need to be able to take away "Public" access from all documents and folders and replace it with a group called "ComapnyUser". Can anyone help me?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Hi.This is just a thought, but as I understand it the name of a group is a purely arbitrary attribute. Can you just rename your current Public Group as 'CompanyUser' then create a new group 'Public' to replace it?From memory the name of the group can be changed within the "Users & Groups" part of the interface.Best regards/matt.
Jose_Garcia
Use Live Reports to make bulk changes.
Arlene_Elder_(GlaxoWellAdmin_(Delete)_1421884)
Turn Off Public Access at the enterprise and then add the group 'CompanyUser' with appropriate access and then sleect apply to sub items.This should work.Aside from that, I believe that permissions are bitwise, with Public Access having some value. If you determine the bitwise value for Public Accrss you can do a Live Report to return all items with Public Access. I'm sure this is possible but I cannot say exactly how. Take a look at DTREE and DTREEACL. The second is likely the one you want.As a rough guess this will tell you what dataID's have public accessSELECT DATAID, PERMISSIONSFROM DTREEACLWHERE (RIGHTID = - 1) AND (PERMISSIONS <> 128)ORDER BY DATAID DESCPossible an Update setting permissions to 128 for all entries removes public access.Hope this helps.Stephen