Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Workflow Limits
Lavinia_Edmed_(DatumUser2_(Delete)_2053706)
Having constructed a large workflow (100 + items and links) I have experienced problems initiating the workflow. A few things come to mind:Is there a limit to the number of steps and links in a workflow ? If so how can it be increased - is there something that can be enlarged using the builder. I already have a custom submit mechanism for the workflow so maybe I can change it here.Is this a side effect of using form tasks? Any comments welcome as it 64 steps and links which seems to be about the limit of a workflow which initiates correctly seems rather low.Thanks in advance for any feedbackLavinia
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lavinia_Edmed_(DatumUser2_(Delete)_2053706)
I have identified the problem. It seems if a form task has an error, such as no forms defined or forms that are no longer available the workflow will save sucessfully but not initiate.
William__Li_(scoruser4_-_(deleted))
When I start having trouble with a large workflow, I find that sometimes splitting pieces of it off into sub-workflows helps. Just a thought.