Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LAPI-VB Storing dates in category attributes.
Jeff_Shuey_(kofax_jshuey_(Delete)_1212801)
In short, I am assigning a user selected category to a document, then trying to fill the attribute values. Categories with attributes of type string and number work great. Categories with attributes that are of date type are not being assigned a value. I understand LAPI wants the date as a long, I am unsure how to convert the date to a long. The code I inherited calculates the number of seconds since 01-01-1970, then assigns the value to a table, which in turn assigns the values to the documents category attributes.Here is the code snippet:-- begin ---Case LL_ATTR_DATATYPE_DATEDim lTempDate As LonglTempDate = GetDateValue(pAttributeArray(2, j)) If lTempDate = -1 Then 'Call error logging routine End IflReturn = LL_TableSetDate(lAttributesValue, i - 1, "Value", lTempDate)'*** assign the values to the attributeslReturn = LL_SetObjectAttributes(glSessionID, lDocVolID, lDocNodeID, lAttributesValue)-------Public Function GetDateValue(dString As String) As Long GetDateValue = DateDiff("s", "12/31/1969", dString) End Function-- end snippet --Similar code is used to store strings and integers which store correctly with the document.lReturn = LL_TableSetString(lAttributesValue, i - 1, "Value", CStr(pAttributeArray(2, j))) I am uncertain if the date is being calculated correctly, or if the lAttributesValue (of type ll_table) has been initiated correctly for date handling.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Steve_Garetto-Barnett_(x-disnco01admin_-_(deleted)
Your method of calculating the date agrees with what I came up with, and the dates that are being set appear to be correct on our system, so I'd say go with it.Jeff Wilsonjeffreyjwilson@earthlink.net