Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Java SetObjectAttributes() Problem
Zimmer_Zimmer_(x-zimmer_-_(deleted))
I'm having problems with the Java SetObjectAttributes() method using LAPI 8.1.3.The first problem is that I thought the Text:Multiline was unlimited length. I cannot add anything over (approx) 4716 characters. I receive this message, "Could not flush socket"and the operation fails. Anything under 4716 characters the operation succeeded. Any suggestions or comments?Code sample (abbreviated): LLValue attrInfo = new LLValue().setAssocNotSet(); library.GetObjectAttributes(volumeId, objId, attrInfo); String value = "Really long string\r\nWith multiple lines using\r\n ..."; attrInfo.setString(i, "VALUE", value); // where i=RecArray entry library.SetObjectAttributes(volumeId, objId, attrInfo); The second problem is updating the Number:Text field. I can retrieve the value using LAPI, but I cannot set the value -- I receive this message, "Attribute "test_int" is not the correct data type." The attribute name is "test_int" and is a Number:Text field type. I've tested both setInteger() and setString() and both fail. Any suggestions or comments?Code sample (abbreviated): LLValue attrInfo = new LLValue().setAssocNotSet(); library.GetObjectAttributes(volumeId, objId, attrInfo); int iValue = 123; attrInfo.setInteger(i, "VALUE", iValue); // where i=RecArray entry library.SetObjectAttributes(volumeId, objId, attrInfo);Thanks for any assistance,Jeff
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet