Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
No Message Triggered from LAPI Change
x-fercuser6_-_(deleted)
Hi,I'm having trouble with change agents responding to changes made from LAPI. I was hoping someone had seen this and could lend some guidance. Let me explain. (FYI, we're using LL 8.1.5 SP1, Nov SP on SQL Server and NT4.0. LAPI is fired from Visual Basic 6.0 SP4)We've created a URL link on the enterprise pointing to the most recent file on one of the organization's other servers. When a new file is posted, we change the URL to point to the latest file and "theoretically" trigger a change agent. In order to create an auditable event, I had to change the name of the URL Object. Changing the link itself did not trigger the audit event. Okay, so now the audit trail shows a "RENAME" event, but the change agent subsystem does not generate a message to the user(s). As a reality check, I went in and manually adjusted the name of the URL object. This manual adjustment triggered the change agent message as expected.Is there something special I need to do from LAPI to make sure the change agent is triggered properly??Please let me know if you would like to look at my code and I can email a copy.We also have a ticket open with tech support, but they have not diagnosed the problem yet.Cheers,Steve Klosky
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
x-fercuser6_-_(deleted)
If it seems like I'm just talking to myself . . .Anyhow, I figured out why the change agents weren't firing and thought I would at least leave a post so someone else might not step into this trap.The problem was that I was adding and subtracting a space on the end of the URL name. While this triggers an event in the audit table, it does not trigger a change agent notification. A very subtle, but irritating feature of the system. Periods and exclamation points had a similar effect. Anyhow, I wound up adding and subtracting an entire word.Steve