Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LL_CopyObject parameters - 8.1.5SP1
Dave_Russell_(CCIDR_(Delete)_2115817)
I'd like to use this function (LL_CopyObject) to copy a node in Livelink. However, the documentation seems to be....errrm....incomplete. It implies that the only input parameters are VolumeID and SessionID and none of the other parameters (objectid, destination volume id, destination parentid, copyoption? and objectinfo) are mentioned AT ALL.Clearly this is....economical with the truth.....:-)Can anyone tell me where I can get some documentation on the rest of the parameters to this call, before I resort to trial and error and numerous machine crashes and reboots ??!(....And before you point me at the opentext developer documentation site, I've already downloaded the "latest" copy of LAPI documentation and it's got EXACTLY the same info as my copy)TIADave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bob_DeGarmo_(WorldWideTechUser1_(Delete)_1437172)
The LAPI Developer's Guide on the SDK CD seems incomplete. Check the version here on the Knowledge Center; the attached Livelink document...Look starting on page 300, or just search on CopyObject to jump to it pretty quickly. There are four pages of documentation on CopyObject there...Hope that helps!-Bob
Bob_DeGarmo_(WorldWideTechUser1_(Delete)_1437172)
Sorry... I missed your final comment on the first read/reply.Note, the guide I pointed you to is NOT the same as the one on the 8.1.5 SDK CD. It is actually located in the 8.1.x Folder. But I doubt seriously if the SDK changed for this call with 8.1.5 and later upgrades...Regards,
Dave_Russell_(CCIDR_(Delete)_2115817)
....The PDF version you attached contains lots of extra pages (The 3 extra COPY-OBJECT pages for starters)....I checked both HTML and PDF versions on my CD - they were both missing the info - so when I downlaoded the HTML zipped HTML version from the "Developer Documentation" section and that was also missing the info, I assumed, incorrectly, that the PDF version would also be missing it and never checked it !However, as your attachment proves, there actually is the documentation you need - if you know where to find it.... Seems to be the case with a lot of things.........Thanks againDave