Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Matching on a date attribute
KJM_Associates_(kjmadmin_-_(deleted))
I'm trying to build a live report that bases it's selection on a date custom attribute. I only want to use the month to match on. How do I do this? (I've tried using the SQL statements I thought should have worked, sigh...) Right now I have v8.1.5 and SQL server. Any information would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Alex Kowalenko via eLink...where to_char(,'yyyy-mm') = to_char(%,'yyyy-mm')...-alex------Original Message-----From: knowledge@opentext.com [mailto:knowledge@opentext.com]On Behalf OfeLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports DiscussionSent: Friday, March 30, 2001 14:14To: eLink RecipientSubject: Matching on a date attributeMatching on a date attributePosted by KJMAdmin on 03/30/2001 02:10 PMI'm trying to build a live report that bases it's selection on a date customattribute. I only want to use the month to match on. How do I do this?(I've tried using the SQL statements I thought should have worked, sigh...)Right now I have v8.1.5 and SQL server. Any information would beappreciated.[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
KJM_Associates_(kjmadmin_-_(deleted))
I've tried To_char but it looks like I may have had a problem with how to formulate the match parameter. Will give it another try. Thanks.
eLink User
Message from Alex Kowalenko via eLinkNote that to_char is an Oracle function-----Original Message-----From: knowledge@opentext.com [mailto:knowledge@opentext.com]On Behalf OfeLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports DiscussionSent: Friday, March 30, 2001 15:53To: eLink RecipientSubject: Using To_charUsing To_charPosted by KJMAdmin on 03/30/2001 03:45 PMI've tried To_char but it looks like I may have had a problem with how toformulate the match parameter. Will give it another try. Thanks.[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Matching on a date attribute
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2490713&objAction=viewDiscussion
: Livelink LiveReports Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2249677&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
KJM_Associates_(kjmadmin_-_(deleted))
Does anyone know if there is an equivalent function for SQL Server for converting a date to a string?
Robert_Davies_(unlondonadmin_-_(deleted))
Dear JanThis is a Web site that discusses SQL to ORACLE migration and therefore touches on the request you make. The SQL function seems to be 'CONVERT'. As I understand it 'CONVERT' in SQL server performs the same function as To_Date, To_Char and a number of other functions in Oracle.Let me know if this is what you need.Anne
KJM_Associates_(kjmadmin_-_(deleted))
Thanks Anne. I'll check on the format of the command and give it a try. Appreciate your assistance!Jan