Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Problem with LL_Uninitialize
Hans_De_Beuckelaer_(x-hdebeuck_-_(deleted))
When I call LL_Unitialize at the end of my program (VB), it returns the attached error and the complete application crashes.The dll's that I use are from version 9. In the past I used those from version 8.1.5.. and it didn't give any problem.Can somebody help me please.Regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Chad_Gage_(kofaxuser3_-_(deleted))
I had the same problem. This is definitely a LiveLink bug. It happens the 2nd time you call Uninitialize, right? And it kills the program? I talked to the tech support guy and he said, it is because you should not call uninit twice. Therefore, the workaround is just never call LL_Uninitialize. Yeah, I know that sounds dumb, but that's the only way to not get this problem. Optionally, you can move all the code off into a separate COM EXE, and forcibly load and unload it each time so that it is never called a second time in the same instance of the LAPI DLL's. I asked the tech support guy to write it up as a bug, but he said that's "as designed". Hope that helps.--Matt
Hans_De_Beuckelaer_(x-hdebeuck_-_(deleted))
That's indeed what I did, don't call LL_Unitialize. And I didn't have the problem again.Thanks for your reply Matt.Hans
Anton_Kejr_(sglcadmin44_-_(deleted))
Hi Chad,that was a more than important information for me !!Since ages I'v been struggling with several crashes I didn't understand at all. Not all the time though ;-)But all my problems are gone now. Thanks for sharing !!Best regardsAnton