LAPI9.0 problems on VB6 regarding string popup attributes and permissions. URGENT~~
We have some queries regarding LAPI 9.0.0 on VB6. 1. How many validvalues can be set in a string pop-up attributes?2. In regard to retrieving the permissions from an object, I have tried to use 2 methods:a. Using LL_GetObjectInfoDim objectinfoLL_ValueAlloc objectinfostatus = LL_GetObjectInfo(session, parentvol, ParentID, objectinfo)status = LL_AssocGetInteger(objectinfo, "Permissions", permission)however the permission obtained for the currently logged on user is "-2130706433" whereas the status returned was zero.What was this negative value meant?Therefore I tried another method using LL_GetObjectRightDim rights as longDim rightrecord as longDim right_length as longDim r_j as integerll_valuealloc rightsll_valuealloc rightrecordstatus = LL_GetObjectRights(session, ParentVol, ParentID, rights)status = LL_ValueGetLength(rights, right_length)For r_j = 0 To right_length - 1status = LL_ValueGetIndexValue(rights, r_j, rightrecord)status = LL_RecordGetInteger(rightrecord, "RightID", RightID)status = LL_RecordGetInteger(rightrecord, "Permissions", rightvalue) MsgBox RightID & "," & rightvalueNext r_jI can successfully retrieved all the IDs (including Public access, users with system priviledge, owner/creator of object, base group of the owner/creator as well as all the parties defined in that ACL) and its corresponding permission sets. However what I can retrieved is only a constant predefined in LAPI, is there another way we can get use to retrieve meaningful information but not only an integer? Moreover, having read over the documents, I found that both permission sets, LL_PERM_REMOVENODE and LL_NONE are 128. This is really confusing, if I retrieve that integer, how to determine which permission set the application is referring? Also I have heard that the constants for permission sets can be converted to binary number in order to get the hierarchy of the permission, can you provide us more information on how to doing it?Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your prompt instruction as we are pretty urgent.Best Regards,Jovi