Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Adding data to User Field Attributes
Paul_Nguyen_(kofaxuser1_-_(deleted))
I am attempting to write to user field attributes with no such luck. It appears to just be a field like the text fields, but when you attempt to set the value with LL_ListSetString, then apply the value to the attribute with LL_AttrSetValues, the error returned is:(107404) Error setting the category or attributes for this node. The data type is not compatible.Does anyone know how I might be able to do this?Thanks!Cory
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Paul_Nguyen_(kofaxuser1_-_(deleted))
I figured it out....with help from Open Text tech support. If you are trying to update a user field with a Livelink user name, this isn't allowed. User fields are interger type, and are masked by the string user name. You will have to use the LL_GetUserInfo for the user, then get the ID value from the record value that is returned. This is the value you will use to update the user field attribute.