Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LAPI AccessEnterpriseWS() Error explanations requested.
John_Grueter_(abbottadmin_-_(deleted))
I am trying to write a small program in java to move documents around in Livelink based on their category and attribute metadata values.Software used: jdk1.1.8, Livelink SDK 8.1.5 and Oracle 8.1.5.I'm begining by using part of the testLAPI.java code provided in LAPI\samples\Java. But when my tiny program calls docs.AccessEnterpriseWS( value ) it returns the following error: Status = -2147482645 StatusMsg = Entry for d3v could not be found in the configuration file.where d3v is the name of the database. My question is what/where is the configuration file reffered to in this error? Is it opentext.ini (part of my local install of Livelink)? If so, then how can I access a remote Livelink installation using LAPI? An entry for d3v exists in tnsnames.ora but I dont think thats the configuration file in question either.Is there an appendix somewhere that catalogs the status codes and what they mean?Here is the relevent code:System.out.println( "** Starting RestrucLL script on " + llHost + " " + llPort + " " + llDatabase + ". **" );// Create LAPI session connected to Livelink serverLLSession session = new LLSession( llHost, llPort, llDatabase, llUser, llPassword );// Display status of newly created session.dispStatus(session);int ParentID;int ParentVol;LLValue value = new LLValue();LAPI_DOCUMENTS docs = new LAPI_DOCUMENTS( session );LAPI_USERS users = new LAPI_USERS( session );// access the Enterprise WorkSpaceif ( docs.AccessEnterpriseWS( value ) == 0 ) { ParentID = value.toInteger( "ID" ); ParentVol = value.toInteger( "VolumeID" ); if ( docs.ListObjects( ParentVol, ParentID, "", "", docs.PERM_SEE, value ) == 0 ) { output( value ); } System.out.println( " The Enterprise Workspace accessed successfully ...\n ");}else { System.out.println( " Could not access Enterprise Workspace. "); dispStatus( session );}System.out.println( "** Done. **" );
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sue_Shaaf_(dtcepg01_-_(deleted))
I am also having this problem and wondered if you found a resolution. My web application is in Visual Basic and I received the same configuration file error but could not determine which configuration file the error is referring to.
Janusz_Frydecki
If it is what I think, you're right about the fact that the config file is the opentext.ini.First, verifiy in the general section the value of dftConnection.Then do a search on this value within your opentext.ini file. You should find a section named something like [dbconnection:].If either of them is not there, you found your problem.To correct it, go to the admin pages, database administration, Modify Active Database and validate the values.