Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
(LAPI) AttrSetValues returns a strange error - Bug in LAPI?
Julia_Kuznetsov_(modususer1_-_(deleted))
I'm trying to update a Workflow Attribute through LAPI and I'm getting an error: "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError detailMessage="java/lang/String: method compareToIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)I not found") when calling AttrSetValues: retval = attr.AttrSetValues(catV, AttrName, LAPI_ATTRIBUTES.ATTR_TYPE_STRFIELD, null, list);Any idea?Thanks,Julia Kuznetsov
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Sander Hofman via eLinkYes, I've had simular problems using VB. I've discovered that theLLAccessWorkpackage function does not return the attribute assoc asdescribed in the documentation. Related function calls you mention willreturn errors. I don't think there are any existing api calls you can use toretrieve this informationThe information is present in this assoc however. You would need to loopthrough it and fish out the elements you need, but it's going to be a nastyloop considering the huge amounts a lists and others assoc's within thatassoc.I've a developed a VB function that will retrieve the Display names,ID's andthe datatypes of the workflow attributes and put them in a recordset. Itdoes not however retrieve the values. I'm using the attribute id's toretrieve and update the value through SQL statements.I can send you the code it if you want.Cheers,Sander-----Original Message-----From: knowledge@opentext.com [mailto:knowledge@opentext.com]On Behalf OfeLink Discussion: LAPI DiscussionSent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 6:51 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: (LAPI) AttrSetValues returns a strange error - Bug in LAPI?(LAPI) AttrSetValues returns a strange error - Bug in LAPI?Posted by ModusUser1 on 07/31/2001 12:40 PMI'm trying to update a Workflow Attribute through LAPI and I'm getting anerror: "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError detailMessage="java/lang/String: methodcompareToIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)I not found") when callingAttrSetValues:retval = attr.AttrSetValues(catV, AttrName,LAPI_ATTRIBUTES.ATTR_TYPE_STRFIELD, null, list);Any idea?Thanks,Julia Kuznetsov[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: LAPI Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Finney_Bryan_(x-giantuser2_-_(deleted))
How would I update a workflow attribute using builder. I added the attribute to the map and I want to pre fill the attribute on start workflow in my code. I am starting and initializing the workflow through a request handler. I tried this and it does not seem to do anything:status = WAPI.UpdateWorkAttribute(work,initMap,WAPI.WORK_USERDATA,{dataIDValues})thanks,Bryan FinneyGiant Eagle Inc.