Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Working with Projects in Java...
Herb_Schilling_(x-nasalewisuser4_-_(deleted))
Happy Holidays,I'm working on a project which walks the livelink hierarchy and does something (I have written a super class which I override when I have something interesting to do while this class "walks" livelink). Anyway, the class starts walking at a user given objID. I seem to be having trouble walking projects. My class also needs the volumeid of the object it starts at. I think this problem is due to there being two objects that make up a project. If I specify a project as it's positive objID and the volumeID as -2001 then I can only see it's sub projects but if I put the negative objID as the objID and the positive objID as the volumeid then I browse see the normal objects.Ultimately I want to treat a project just like I would any folder-like container object. Is this possible to do from the java lapi perspective? I am trying to write some code which will know when I am walking a project and then make the walker walk both the project objects and the normal objects, but with my current framework this seems to be increasingly difficult.Has anyone done this or something like it that could give me some pointers?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Barbara__Melick__(aberadmin(expired))
Hi,I struggled for quite a while with a similar problem and finally found an undocumented article about the difference between projects and other LL objects. You can visit my solution here:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=2645307&objAction=view&show=2OR
visit the original developer tip here:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3499257&objAction=ArticleViewI
hope this helps even though its not quite the same problem.Loren Pettijohnlpettijo@atc.army.mil