Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How do i get a usable date from a date value object
Ben_Vosloo_(elbeadmin_-_(deleted))
I am getting the last modified date of an object, but how do i get this object into a normal date value. ie... is there any function that i pass the date value (long) and get back a normal date (date)?Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sun_Livelink_Admin_(sunmic01admin_-_(deleted))
If I understand your question correctly, you might try this,import java.util.*;import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;...LLValue obj = ... //your result object of class LLValueDate mdate = obj.toDate("ModifiedDate"); SimpleDataFormat f = new SimpleDataFormat("dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm a zzz"String meaningfulDateStr = f.format(mdate);BTW, I saw your post on another thread about "tree view" of Livelink content. Did you get any response? Can I share them?I know you can easily export Livelink "tree" content to a external xml file.-yu chen