Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Custom Admin - weblingo
Ellen_Reilly_(dmredison_-_(deleted))
Hello,I'm new to livelink development, and I have a possibly simple problem. I have a customized Admin Feature using a weblingo page to display a simple form of global variables. I can retrieve the variables to display in the form, however am having difficulty finding a way to save the data back into the livelink variables upon submit of the form. Any assistance would be appreciated.Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gabriel_Lopez
You don't need to develop any script to find the global variables. In the Tools menu in the builder you have the Application Globals option where all globals are displayed.Hope this helps.Alvaro
Ellen_Reilly_(dmredison_-_(deleted))
The weblingo page is being displayed to the user in the Administration Screen (Livelink Administrator) I've added a section for my new module, and there are custom global variables required by the module. So in the first weblingo page I have a form and it displays the custom global variables, allowing the user to change the values...the user clicks submit. The form is posted to a second weblingo page and in oscript I need to retrieve the data from the post to store it back into the global variables.I have ;$ModuleName.CustomGlobalVar = ?Hope this clarifies what I am attempting to do,Thank you.
Gabriel_Lopez
In that case, you only need to send the form to a custom request handler. In the 'r' parameter you'll get all the fields of the form and you can work with them.Alvaro.
Ellen_Reilly_(dmredison_-_(deleted))
Thank you Alvaro,I'll look into how to do that now :)Take care,Tara
eLink User
Message from Alex Kowalenko via eLinkI just assembled a simple Set Globals module to show how this can be done.It sets global variables and also saves them in opentext.ini. Note theorphan of AdminIndexCallback that adds a section to the Admin page todisplay the weblingo setting page. Point your browser to the index.html filein the documentation\technical directory to help you in studying thearchitecture of this module.-alex------Original Message-----From: knowledge@opentext.com [mailto:knowledge@opentext.com]On BehalfeLink Discussion: Development DiscussionSent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 15:29To: eLink RecipientsSubject: Custom Admin - weblingoCustom Admin - weblingoPosted by DMREdison on 02/06/2002 03:23 PMHello,I'm new to livelink development, and I have a possibly simple problem. Ihave a customized Admin Feature using a weblingo page to display a simpleform of global variables. I can retrieve the variables to display in theform, however am having difficulty finding a way to save the data back intothe livelink variables upon submit of the form.Any assistance would be appreciated.Thank you.[To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Development Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=786303&objAction=viewLivelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe
Ellen_Reilly_(dmredison_-_(deleted))
Thank you Alex, it's working perfectly!Take care,Tara
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
How can I do to send a form to a Request Handler?Could you give an example?Thanks.
Gabriel_Lopez
Debes incluir en el campo "func" el prefijo y el nombre del RH, por ejemplo:Adem?s, debes dirigir la URL del formulario al servidor Livelink:<FORM METHOD="POST" NAME="MyForm" ACTION="/livelink/livelink" Por ?ltimo, lo ?nico que necesitas es un bot?n de tipo "submit" u otro objeto con ese evento.Espero que esto te ayude.Alvaro
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
Gracias por la respuesta.Lo que yo quiero hacer es llamar a un RH desde un link o cuando se carga una p?gina HTML (sin enviar el Form) y pasarle valores de campos dentro del formulario como par?metros en la URL que llama al RH.?Hay alguna forma de hacer esto?Muchas gracias
Gabriel_Lopez
En tal caso tendr?s que poner un enlace a la url del RH pasando en la misma los par?metros necesarios a trav?s de javascript. Por ejemplo:function abreVentana(){var w;var direcc;direcc = 'livelink/livelink.exe?func=azertia.test¶m1='; direcc = direcc + document.MyForm.campo1.value + '¶m2=';direcc = direcc + document.MyForm.campo2.value;w = window.open (direcc ,"NuevaVentana","status=no,location=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no")}Una llamada a esta funci?n javascript abrir?a una nueva ventana cuya url ser?a la del RH "azertia.test" con dos par?metros de entrada: "param1" y "param2" cuyos valores ser?an los que en ese momento contendr?an los campos "campo1" y "campo2" del formulario "MyForm" del documento.Un saludoAlvaro.
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
Muchas gracias por la respuesta. Funcion? perfectamente.Aqu? tengo otra consulta:Tengo un Form que inicializa un Workflow y quer?a que cuando se carga el Form se ejecutara un Request Handler que completara las opciones de un campo SELECT. Lo logr? pero lo debo de haber hecho de una forma incorrecta porque cuando submito el Form (para iniciar el WF) me aparece el siguiente error:[WebLingo.CacheMap/LookupCompiledFile(FILENOTFOUND):Submitform.html]Adjunto el archivo WebLingo que completa el SELECT en el Form.Hay alguna forma "correcta" de hacer lo que estoy intentando hacer.Muchas gracias y saludos.
Gabriel_Lopez
El error que te aparece es debido a que Livelink no encuentra la p?gina html vinculada al evento "submit" de tu formulario.Es decir, al enviar tu formulario, mandas los datos del mismo a un RH o acci?n llamado "Submitform", pero al parecer no has incluido el html vinculado al mismo encargado de crear una interfaz de salida para el cliente. En caso de que s? lo hayas creado, aseg?rate de que Livelink lo est? buscando en la ruta correcta.
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
Ya revis? mi Form View y no modifiqu? nada del evento Submit.Cuando llamo al RH que carga los valores en el SELECT (esto lo hace correctamente, por lo menos a la vista) y le doy Submit al form me aparece el error.En esta l?nea llamo al RH:Si yo no llamo al RH (no inicializo el SELECT) y le doy Submit NO aparece ning?n error. Por lo cual me parece que el error est? relacionado con la inicializaci?n del SELECT en el form.?Cu?l es la forma correcta de inicializar din?micamente las opciones de un campo SELECT en un Form?Muchas gracias, saludos.
Martin_Gäckler
Servus,I wui jo nix sogn, aba wenn nachad a jeder ofanga dad sei eigene Sprach zu redn, dann kannd mia nachad des Forum glei zuamacha. Moan I.Nix f?a unguad und pfiad eich.
Martin_Gäckler
It's dificult for me to translate bavarian language to english, but in short form:I thought this is an international forum and my knowledge in spanish or whatever language you're using is exactly zero.Martin
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
Ok, sorry. This is the problem (in english):I have a Form than initialize a WF. I?m using a View that calls a Request Handler (BODY onLoad="....") to dynamicly populate a Select field that is empty. This works well(apparently). The Select field is populated, but when I submit the form I get the following error:"[WebLingo.CacheMap/LookupCompiledFile(FILENOTFOUND):submitform.html"Attached is the WebLingo that populate the form (after the RH Execute)Is there a way to do this (correctly)?Thanks in advance.
Martin_Gäckler
Hi,First of all, I would move the window.close() statement in your body's onLoad parameter to the end ov the JavaScript-bloc, I don't think that it is guaranteed, that the onLoad script is executed after the script block has terminated.Second: The problem seems to be in the request handler that receives the values of the main form, because you told that error messaage appeared after the user has submited the form.I assume that this request habndler does neither have its own Weblingo nor does a redirect to a new request handler. In this case LL dispays the error message you don't want to see.To solve the Problem take a look at the request handler that receives the form values an set .fLocation feature or .fHTMLfile (I'm currently running linux and don't have a LL Builder on that machine and therefor I don't excactly know the correct spelling of the last feature)If you have difficulties to find the bug, you may send the WebLingo of your main-form and the Excecute function of the request-handler that receives the values, then I can give more hints perhaps.Martin
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
Thanks for the answer.I didn?t change anything of the RH that receives the form. When I submit the form it goes where every form submited goes.If I don?t call the RH that populate the drop down field and submit the form it works fine.I think the problem is on the dynamic populate of the drop down.Thanks.
Martin_Gäckler
Alberto,I looked at your source you sent three times and I found neither a submit nor any other http request.There is a simple way to find out which request handler produces the error:* Turn on loggin* start LL Buidler* run your form until the error occures* shutdown LL Builder* open thread0.out from your log directory* search for the error message* check which request has been executed last befor the error.Hope this helpsMartin
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
Martin,I?ve attached a zip file with two files. One with the error (if I call the RH that populate the drop down) and other without error (if I didn?t call the RH).Thank you very much for all the help.
Martin_Gäckler
Alberto,in both cases the requesthandler "form.dispatch" is called. the error thread stops directly after the error message whereas the good thread displays the log of a call to the objAction initiate. Therefore I assume that form.dispatch makes a redirection to initiate whereas the bad run did not. In that case LL searches for the WebLingo file of the request handler.You should set a breakpoint to form.dispatch and try to see what happens with the LL Debugger.Martin
Martin_Gäckler
Alberto,form.dispatch passes all data to Form.SubmitForm. Form.SubmitForm reads the data and if successfull redirects the request to another request. If not, SubmitForm sets an error flag and does nothing else, and that is the problem, because there is no SubmitForm.html, LL displays the error message.Now we must check, why the values passed from your browser are not correct. I saw, that content_length in the error log is less than the content_length in the success log (4120 vs. 4197) therefore I assume, that stupid Internet Explorer sends corrupted data which cannot be handled correctly by LL. Try another browser or check your main form.Since I do not know your original form, I cannot give more hints yet.Martin
Martin_Gäckler
Alberto,I have found an example, for populating dynamicaly a select field in a form.I hope that this will help.Martin
Marcelo_Cesario_(azertiauser6_-_(deleted))
Martin,Thank you very much for all the help.