Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How to associate a description with the document being added using Java LAPI
Anuradha_Deo_(PATCOM01User2_(Delete)_2735478)
I am uploading a document using Java LAPIdocuments.AddDocument( volumeID,ParentId,docName,"e:\\vijay\\ex4.html",info1,info2)My problem is I also need to associate a description with the document being added . How can I do this.The description I am refering to is the same we have when adding document using livelink native screen.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eLink User
Message from Paul Jensen via eLink> I am uploading a document using Java LAPI documents.AddDocument(> volumeID,ParentId,docName,"e:\\vijay\\ex4.html",info1,info2) > My problem is I also need to associate a description with the> document being added . How can I do this. The AddDocument() call is a convenience function that callsCreateObjectEx() and CreateVersion() behind the scenes. In your case, I believe that you'll have to call these two functionsseparately, adding your comment keyed by "comment" to the createInfoassoc that is passed to CreateObjectEx().Hope this helps.-- psj
eLink User
Message from Sean M Alderman via eLinkAfter you call AddDocument() one of the output parameters is theObject's Info Assoc. This has a field in it called Comment. Just setComment field in your info object -info.setString("Comment", ); After that, do a -UpdateObjectInfo(volid, info.toInteger("ID"), info);On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 09:15, eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion wrote:> How to associate a description with the document being added using Java LAPI> Posted by PATCOM01User2 on 06/25/2002 09:09 AM> > I am uploading a document using Java LAPI> documents.AddDocument( volumeID,ParentId,docName,"e:\\vijay\\ex4.html",info1,info2)> > My problem is I also need to associate a description with the document being added . How can I do this.> > The description I am refering to is the same we have when adding document using livelink native screen.> > > > [To reply to this thread, use your normal e-mail reply function.]> > ============================================================> > Discussion: LAPI Discussion>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=765428&objAction=view>
; > Livelink Server:>
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/livelink.exe>
; > -- Sean M. AldermanITRACK Systems AnalystPACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center(216) 433-2795Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming anautomobile "Wheels."